What prevents facial hair from growing on woman?

Ever since I took b complex vitamin pills to grow my hair out I started getting facial hair too! I haven't taken them that much but I still have neck hairs

Most Helpful Girl

• estrogen

What Guys Said 3

• Types of testosterone and their levels are out-of-whack.

I had an instructor at Ferris who stated his belief that hormonal imbalances can lead to anything from inappropriate facial hair to gender identity crises to sudden manifestation of homosexual desires, which may or may not be correctable with hormonal therapy depending on what the individual does with them.

Some women are also genetically prone to inappropriate levels of the wrong types of testosterone, namely the kinds responsible for secondary sexual characteristic hair. Likewise, too much of the wrong kinds of estrogen at very high levels in a man can lead to male lactation.

Both men and women possess the ability to grow facial hair and lactate; but one trait or the other is usually switched off or told to lie dormant in the gene code. For a number of possible reasons, the natural flow of secondary gender attribute manifestation can be disrupted, leading to chaos. Studies on how to eliminate the problem entirely have yielded inconclusive results.

The quality of human DNA as a whole is degenerating very slowly over time. If you're a Darwinian naturalist, this is a mystery. If you're religious / believe Genesis 3, then none of this would surprise you.

• It has to do with hormones and chemical balances in the body. It's why we're not inherently the same and it's not just a difference of genitalia.

• lmao!1

What Girls Said 3

• Hormones... we women have a lot of estrogen and men have testosterone, associated with different body parts and functions, different hormones including estrogen prevent hair growth. However, some women may have some sort of disorder such as PCOS which results in a hormone imbalance meaning more hair/hair in odd places etc

• B complex has biotin in it which increases hair growth and can even cause acne in some people.

• lay of the vitamins for a year