Girls how do you feel about rope or shell jewlery if it suits the guy.

I know some girls find it tacky or silly, but I'm just curious how girls feel about rope and shell necklaces. I usually wear one of three types of necklaces. A puka shell necklace like the one on the far right: link

A tropical necklace like this one, except the beads are all brown and the coral parts are metal cylinders : link

or a cowrie shell necklace like this one: link

I also wear a hemp armband made out of the same rope used in the last necklace. I've always been a supporter of dressing for yourself, I just wondered what women thought when they see a guy wearing these things. lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I really like these type of jewelry on guys and I enjoy them on myself too it makes me think you like the beach or are into the surfer thing and I Love the beach.I actually think it's better than wearing those huge gold and silver chains that make you look like a rapper and are to heavy.I really like this style my uncles have a similar style and I really enjoy it in me and on guys I have given similar necklaces as gifts :)

What Girls Said 13

• It's definitely a personal style choice. It seems like those were really popular quite a few years back. I've had a few hemp and bead bracelets lately and actually prefer to see a guy with jewelry like you've pointed out, rather than gold, platinum and diamonds. I've seen some interesting leather necklaces around as well lately.

• Can't imagine how it would be a deal breaker for any girl. I think it can look sorta cool, but then again I tend not to be against men wearing certain types of jewelry.

• I love it when guys wear those around their necks. I think it looks cool, and makes him look like a surfer, someone from the coast, or someone who's really sporty.

• It makes me think that you are from the coast. . . . and that you've got some style. Not really a big deal to me.

• I think its okay if it suits the guy. I'm not personally into the necklaces but I think that's just because I've gotten used to my boyfriend and he won't even wear a watch :| But a hemp armband can be sexy.

• It can be hot on the right guy and I also like it because I wear similar types of jewelry

• Looks cool to me. A lot better than gold, really. That is one ugly metal.

• If it suits you, go for it.

• I like them

• Some guys can pull off wearing shell/rope jewelry. If you like it and it looks good on you, then wear it.:D

• im personally not a fan of much jewelry on a guy. I like them simple and clean cut. I hate piercings and tattoos too but that's just my opinion. I'm classy myself and like my man to be classy. don't really like the edginess.

• I don't like them because it makes me think of all the douchebag guys from my high school that would always wear them.

• The only jewelry I like on a guy is a watch and wedding ring. Other jewelry puts me off sorry.

What Guys Said 0