Lets settle the chest hair question girls...

Ive always seen on here super conflicting answers about what's good or safe in terms of body hair on a man. The only thing I've heard that's consistent is little or no back hair, and no more then 5 o'clock shadows if you want to play it safe. What about chest hair? I sometimes shave mine, most of the time just trim it. What should I do if I want to make sure I don't turn off the majority of women? Is shaving the safe bet?

Most Helpful Girl

• No chest hair please. Removing chest hair is always best.

The only hair that is acceptable is arm, armpit, happy trail and any hair below the waist and some of those are only acceptable if they aren't too thick. Like if I can see just as much hair as skin on your arms or legs, I think it would be best to shave.

No chest hair, no back hair, and no more than stubble on your face.

Some girls like super hairy guys but most girls under 30 do not (if have a preference for older men they may like a lot of body hair).

What Girls Said 13

• I prefer chest hair on a guy.

If it's overgrown or there's just LOTS of it - maybe trim it a bit; but I'm not a fan of a clean shaven chest.

• It is OK if there's barely any but best case scenario is no chest hair it's gross I wanna be able to snuggle my head onto him without gross hair getting in my way or getting my face all gross--to me it's the equivalent of shaved legs on a woman, no guy wants a forest there either.

• Personally, I dislike the look of chest hair on the guy. The less the better.

But for most girls I doubt it's a deal breaker. My boyfriend has the hairiest chest I've ever seen and it doesn't bother me.

• Chest hair is glorious, in my opinion; the more the merrier.

Even so, it is not a deal breaker, should I meet a man with little or none.

As for other women... it varies, I'm sure.

• I personally don't like hair on a man's chest. I prefer it be bare.

I don't think it's a deal breaker at all. There are plenty of women who enjoy chest hair. I'm just not one of them.

• Trim it..

As long as it doesn't look hideous. I mean, you really can't go wrong.

If you look good with it all shaved then by all means, shave it.

I prefer a little chest hair on a guy.

• I'm not a fan of chest hair on a guy, anywhere else I'm fine with it as long as it's manscaped. Chest hair just isn't for me I guess, I like it smooth :)

That being said it's a personal thing for the girl, your best bet would be to wait until you're in a stage in the relationship where you can ask her what she prefers

• No back hair at all, that's just gross. No chest hair, also disgusting.

Basically, the less hair the better.

• My boyfriend has a lot of chest hair, and it's really warm and snuggley.

• Back hair is kinda gross. Espcieally, if there is a lot. I used to avoid men with lost of body hair, but as I've aged, I find that it is sexy. Given that the hair is trimmed or neat. Young women will probably prefer no hair.

• Chest hair is fine but shaving is cool.

• hot.

• I'm torn ha ha I would be fine with either!

What Guys Said 3

• Honestly, who cares? If a girl likes you, then the chest hair shouldn't be a problem. If she doesn't want to be with you because she's so damn superficial then you're saving yourself time and money by her being turned off by your chest hair. Much rather turn a superficial girl off than to cater to her wants, only for you to get too tired of her in the future and break off the relationship sometime in the future.

• trimming it is very very metrosexual. Be a man..

• My girlfriend doesn't seem to have an issue with my chest hair (there's not much), and I don't really have any back hair to speak of. She won't let me shave my face, because she HATES the way stubble feels, she much prefers kissing me when I've got a bit of well-trimmed beard. Says it's nice and soft.