Girls do you get intimidated by a guy based on how he looks in public?

So I was randomly talking to this girl of mine who's an old friend and I was talking about like relationships and how I can't find any and how my younger brother is in one. She sees pictures of us and I tell her how my bro kind of dresses sloppy and doesn't really do much with his hair but shave it while I dress a little nicer, and am more stylish. Girls for the most part I think find both of us attractive or cute too. My friend was saying that if she randomly met both of us for first time she would be intimidated and feel like she's not good enough for me or that I would cheat on her because I'm better looking than her or something but she said she wouldn't be scared or intimidated by my younger bro because he's more casual I guess. Girls if a guy tends to be more attractive and dresses well do you get more intimidated?

Most Helpful Girl

• No its more like a welcomer like I can compliment him and start a convo

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, I would get intimidated but I prefer guys to dress nicer, but maybe that's just me.

And if he doesn't dress well, I'll make sure to fix that. :P

I also tend to think that we could possibly be good friends, but I'm a fashion design major, so that's probably why.

I don't assume that he's taken though. I might think that he's too good for me, but this depends on his attractiveness and if I actually think he dresses well, like Adam Gallagher! :] link

• I used to, but not really anymore. If I find the guys attractive and I see him in the street I'll non nonchalantly give him a glance. If I find there is an opportunity to talk to him (that isn't weird, or going out of the way) I'll take it and not be nervous. If in my opinion to me he's dateably attractive, then I might be a little nervous, but again wouldn't show it.

• If I met you I wouldn't be intimidated, I'd be annoyed at how presumptuous you are- that all girls think you are so attractive and that's the only reason they don't want to be with you, because you're better than them.

People who think like that are a huge turnoff, and I'm sure it's a combination of your cockiness and how you really look compared to how you think you look that is repelling girls and giving your brother an edge.

• I don't think like that I was just using that to make this example understandable. You have no clue how much I worry about whether women think I'm good looking or not.

• Okay. Sorry to judge.

• I usually see guys in person first..its kinda intimidating if a guy is nicely dressed because id assume he's taken esp if he looks good

• sooo single guys should practice looking sh*tty very well (?)

• No I wouldn't be afraid to talk to him in a friend way but id try to hold back with flirting since 'pretty boys' don't seem to like me

• Yea I agree with you guys...I rather not look like an average joe, slob or boring in public since I don't feel as confident. I dress well to attract girls, not make them feel insecure to be around me. I don't like the chances for us well-dressed gentlemen...gotta step up the charm and personality.

• if he is very good-looking, yes I can get intimidated

• It is because I don't dress in designer clothes

• I don't think "intimidated" is the word. I have a relatively healthy sense of self, so I don't think of people as "higher" or "lower" than me on any sort of social totem poles. We all co-exist in a linear fashion. Anyway, that doesn't mean that I don't notice when a person "looks down on me" and tries to implement the hierarchy by "dressing the part." Personally, it doesn't intimidate me, but it does guarantee that I'll heckle you (to your face, never behind your back) for a minute or so. Most people laugh it off. I don't do it with people from whom I would expect, based on their sense of dress, take themselves WAY too seriously and therefore do not harbor a healthy sense of humor. In professional settings, I reserve me comment to something like "nice tie" (and if I have nothing nice to say, I just say "Hi" and keep walking).

• I used to be like that. I was really shy and self conscious and I would always doubt myself. I didn't believe that a certain type of guy could want me or be interested in me. Unlike that girl, I never had a thought like the guy would cheat on me because he's better looking. I just thought that the guy would never give me a chance because he's so hot. Then really hot guys did start showing interest in me and giving me chances.

For example...

I remember going to a party one night and there was this gorgeous, tall dreamy guy with beautiful bronze skin. He was so handsome. He was just standing there by himself leaning against a rail. As soon as I saw him, I was so shy, crazy ass butterflies racing in my tummy! A couple of friends and I moved to the other side of the beam. I could feel him looking at me and see him peaking over to check me out. I was so nervous and shocked like "woah, is this hottie really showing interest in me?" then he started break dancing right in front of me and my friends. My friend went to dance with him. He looked like he really didn't want to but he did it anyway. Later on, she called him over and he asked me to dance. We ended up having a very lovely romance months later :) Don't doubt yourself, ladies!

• I kinda feel like the odd ball ha ha but if I see a nicely dressed guy I think that he takes care of himself and if he's out somewhere where he could be single, I'd approach him just too see if I had a chance. You may be hotter than me but that doesn't change the type of person you are, which is how I determine if you intimidate me or not.

• good because not all guys that fit that description are judgmental or look down on people and are mean.

• If I were to come onto to a guy such as yourself yes, but I would feel like why would a guy like you even pay attention to a girl like me. He is too cute to be single, he must be taken already that's what I would think.

What Guys Said 2

• come on man you are not even that good looking. oh wait you live in arizona...yea over there you would be the hottest guy I can imagine

• LOL! who wouldn't be intimidated by a guy who dresses like a girl? sorry, you aren't stylish. stop wearing pink/feminine clothes link

• hmm I didn't know wearing red was feminine. Shirt is bright red and clearly not pink.