Girls what do you wear running?

I recently took up running outdoors now that it's too nice to be cooped up in a gym, and I'm really new to the whole "running in nature" aspect of things, So far I've seen everything from sweats to spandex shorts and I was wondering what's appropriate for running outside and what you wear in order to get the most out of your run?

(I have my eye on a pair of Nike Pro shorts, but I'm not sure yet...)

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually run either in the evening or early in the morning when it's cool so I just wear yoga pants and a Nike t-shirt like this link My shoes are also Nike and I've had them for about a year now. They are pretty comfy and I like how they don't wear out so fast. This is the pair I have link

What Guys Said 1

• It's very hot here so most of the girls you see out running don't wear much short shorts & a sporty top

What Girls Said 4

• The nike pro shorts are nice, I have a pair of those, but I prefer the Asics abby shorts. They are very comfy and nice when the weather starts to heat up. You will need a good pair of running sneakers, a sports bra, very important, lol. In the winter I like just regular yoga pants to run in, I'm in the boat you are, I'm not a professional runner, but I just like running outside and outta of the gym

• ...the biggest musts I'd say are ( obviously) decent shoes that won't hurt your feet and a good sports bra.

Other than that I adhere to that Nike slogan "run yourself ugly" ... basically if you're putting any effort into it you're inevitably going to end up looking like a sweaty disgusting mess anyway so you needn't bother overthinking your appearance...any soft starchy shorts and t shirt will do.

• Sports bra or huge 4x tee shirt and men jersey shorts. o

I feel the most comfy in those.

• I wear the comfiest shorts you can find, a baggy t-shirt and a good pair of running runners. Remember, you're going running, not to a fashion show ;)

• oh yes and obviously a SPORTS BRA... don't want to knock yourself out . ha