Why do girls think that guys prefer blonds?

I know this is probably is not as popular as it was years ago, but it still seems like a lot of girls think that men prefer blond haired women over other hair colors. Can anyone explain this to me, I never understood why women feel this way.

What do you think of these articles then? link link

Most Helpful Girl

• I think most women think guys have a preference for lighter colors, not just hair color but also eye color and skin color. The lighter colors tend to draw the eye more I guess. It's seen as being cleaner, healthier, and more feminine.

• Do you think that?

• BA for me? Wasn't expecting that.

Yes I think that men of all cultures are drawn to the lighter colors. Not that they dislike the darker though. Whenever I see someone getting compliments on their eyes it's always blue, or green, or anything other than dark brown.

What Girls Said 7

• I have a hot blond friend and a hot brunette friend who get a lot of male attention my brunette friend looks like megan fox in the face with a kim k body...my blond friend looks like emma stone..and she gets waaaaaaaay more guys than my brunette friend. She is a waitress and sometimes she pulls 50 or even 100 dollar tips per table. I know it is because she is hot. My brunette is a life guard and she pulls guys by the pool but not even that much. She is more pretty than my blond imo...but no one pays attention to her. I have black hair..the least desirable.

• This could explain that link

• Well only about 3% of the world population has natural blond and red hair. Black is the most common color, maybe that has something to do with it?

• i don't know why but I always dream that I've lost my boyfriend to a blond girl... there must be something...

• because that's all you every see ... blonds blonds blonds and guys go crazy for them

.. look the girl on the add up there is blond

• That is all you see and it annoys me.

• Why do you want to stay in Germany? Is it because that is were you grew up?

• yes and I prefer life here then in America I can always go back if I want to but I dont

• I think the fuss all began when the world fell in love with Marilyn Monroe.

• That's a good point, for some reason I could see that.

• There ARE guys who prefer blond hair over other colors because blond sticks out more. Generally speaking, blond receives the most attention while red receives the least

I know blondes who say guys only like brunettes and brunettes who swear guys only like blondes. Guess what? Guys don't ONLY like brunettes nor do guys ONLY like blondes.

So I'm not sure why you as a guy are treating it as though guys only like brunettes and no one prefers blondes.

• I know that everyone has different preferences and I was not trying to say all guys prefer brunettes. I know that some girls say guys like blondes best and wanted to know why that was. The stuff in the link was not to prove brunettes were better either, it was to show blond is not the prefered hair color.

• there is just something bright about blond hair but I think fake blond is ugly

• You mean people who dye their hair blond?

• yes if it looks totally fake. if you have very light brown or dirty blond hair and light eyes and skin and you get some highlights or lighten your hair it can look good, but if you have dark brown hair, brown eyes, and the skin tone of a brunette it often looks cheap

• I'm blond and all I ever hear about is how guys like brunettes. Actually I'm a tall(5'8), skinny blond with really thick long hair ...and I always dress up. I'll go out and be dressed up to the nines and my short(5'1) brunette, slim friend with equally long hair will get ALL the male attention.

Everyone says I look like a model, but I never get approached...so I don't believe guys prefer blondes at all. I know they like brunettes more and it obviously ticks me off.

• Weird cause the first girl who commented at the bottom put the opposite of what you put.

• I'm more quiet and reserved in my personality, but I'm loud with my dress and appearance...My friends are more outgoing with their personalities and more plain with their dress. I know that their personality, paired with their un-intimidating appearance makes them more date-able...honestly, it seems like guys only want to screw me and that's about all I seem good for. I'm just shy so know one gets to see that I'm actually a sweet, nice girl. I guess I seem snobby.

• Maybe guys are intimdated by how you dress?

What Guys Said 2

• I personally prefer brunette women. Subconsciously I associate it with intelligence.

• I perfer redheads, but I was curious to see why some women feel this way. Apparently, no one wants to answer.

• actually , I kinda prefer naturally blond girls :P

there's just something so damn attractive about them