Why do so many people "hate" skinny jeans?

And think they are only for 12 year olds or super skinny models? Personally I really like them and think they look good on all women in a healthy weight range for their bodies. Being short and having fuller thighs I have always worn skinny jeans because if the jeans are flared I think it is even more unflattering. In my opinion black or dark denim skinny jeans are the most flattering on any healthy body. What do think of skinny jeans? If you hate them why?

I am talking about skinny jeans for women on guys it is a different story.

Most Helpful Girl

• Umm that's not true. I think that's why people thought you were referring to guys (because in that case you would have been correct).

Most girls I see with jeans are wearing skinny jeans and they're in style so I don't see how you could think a lot of people hate skinny jeans.

If you think that skinny jeans are more flattering to your body type then that's your opinion. However, for most pear shaped girls, skinny jeans are more unflattering than other styles like bootcut and straight. Skinny jeans usually make hippy/thick thigh girls look rather horse-y through the leg and hip area instead of sleek and slim, but many girls don't mind looking bottom heavy.

What Guys Said 2

• Girls, especially, have to nt only in good shape, but have naturally small hips to look good in them. Those are a minority! Everyone else has to avoid them!

• On guys, they look f*cking retarded.

Nobody gives a sh*t about skinny jeans on women, wear them as much as you like.

Unless you've got chicken-legs. In that case, wear something else.

What Girls Said 11

• I don't know many people personally who hate them. I love them to bits. I don't mind when a guy wears them either, as long as it's the more "loose" skinny cut which you find nowadays. Skinny jeans ftw!

• I'm not sure why people would hate skinny jeans. They're the only kind of jeans I wear. Then again, I have long skinny legs and no hips, so I think I'm kind of the body type they're made for.

• I think almost anyone can wear skinny jeans. All it takes it patience and trying on different washes and styles. The right pair can really accentuate a womans shape

I agree! I'm short and my legs aren't the smallest(muscular :/) and flared isn't a good look on me

• .. why does evryone hate guys in skinny jeans?... I love when guys wear skinny jeans...

• People don't hate guys in skinny jeans per say, but they do hate the way little boys look when they wear them. Seriously, there is something extremely emasculating about a boy in skinny jeans.

I say "boy" in skinny jeans, because no self respecting man dresses like a girl.

• I haven't met people that don't like skinny jeans. I completely agree with you that black jeans look awesome on every girl

• I like skinnies, my body shape allows me to wear it and I don't mind others to wear skinny

• i love skinny jeans on guys

im a bit short and a bit chubby, with disproportionate legs (bigger thighs than my legs). this is why skinny jeans do not work on me. I don't hate them .theyre just jeans. I don't think everyone who wears them looks good in them, but I also don't think only very slim women with narrow hips can pull them off. I've seen a lot of different figures look great in skinny jeans. just not mine. more importantly, I think if you like it, you should wear it, f*** everyone else. I don't like the way they look on me. until I lose some weight and make my legs look normal, or grow a few inches taller over night, ill be wearing bootcuts, please :)

• i like skinny jeans! I agree fully about the short thing. I am short and I have a small waist, overall I am not heavy but I have thick thighs and a large butt and any jeans that are flared or wide at the bottom are very unflattering! my legs are very short and the only pants I really like on myself are skinny or straight cut. my friends and mom agree that skinny or straight leg looks best

• Because they're already burned.

• I like them, I agree with you.

I don't really like it when people throw the skinny talk (like people don't eat) when hating on skinny jeans.

<3 black skinny jeans.

• I hate them on guys, other then that I don't..