Ugly girls study more...Agree or disagree?

are ugly girls forced to study more than their attractive counterparts?

what I meant is do parents tend to push their "physically" deficient kids into studying more?

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha what

I don't think parents say "ugh jeez she's so ugly" and throw a book at their daughter and it's not right to say she's ugly so she is smarter or more into books.

A parent may think...the daughter should study so she can get good grades, have a good career, establish a good life etc etc regardless of looks so I disagree

I know some very very beautiful girls who study their butts off

What Guys Said 9

• from my experience, there is no correlation. study habits are more of an issue with parenting.

• ether way no, I had gorgeous neighbor girls long ago and they where always doing school stuff / studying etc

• Disagree. I've known lots of attractive girls who study their asses off.

• I'm super f***ing ugly and I study a lot, and procrastinate sometimes when I have free time. There are picture of me somewhere not sure where though.

• there is probably a high correlation probably between smart girls and being more ugly (do not confuse with ugly girls all being smart) but there are smart girls who are pretty and there are plenty of dumb girls who are ugly.

• disagree.

• my girlfriend is hot as f*** and she had a 4.3 gpa in high school. she is graduating with honors from a big university in like a week. but I know what you mean tho. its like they have nothing else going on besides school and they know it. so I'd say not always this is true.

• No ugly has nothing to do with studing and I don't know any parents who think their kids are ugly!

• On average, I guess so. But I know some beautiful women that have 93 averages.

What Girls Said 16

• Why would less attractive girls be *forced* to study more? Do attractive girls not care about their studies, or are they just so brilliant that they don't need to study?

That theory doesn't make sense.

• very attractive girls don't need to develop skills or get a job to win over a future husband, except being an excellent cook

• They can still aspire to be more than a trophy wife.

• Disagree. In most circumstances, parents would push their child no matter what because they want the best for their offspring. It's not about the looks, it's about the individual's drive to succeed.

• Not true.

A lazy girl can come in any shape or form.

• I study lots and I'm not too ugly :P

Of course I only study when finals are approaching but hey, that's still lots of studying.

• disagree! appereance has nothing to do with intelligence or study skills. if a girl wants to be something in life she has to study hard. being pretty won't make you become a doctor or lawyer

• I dunno, I spent many hours in the library in college and I saw some very beautiful girls there.

But I do agree that ugly girls are sometimes pushed by their parents to pursue activities that might help them provide for themselves in the future. Pretty girls, on the other hand, would probably be able to find a man who could provide for them. That was definitely the case in my family.

• When you are in high school being beautiful is valuable. When you get out in the real world, being smart is valuable.

Any ugly girl that is intelligent and hard working can get a good guy to marry her if she takes care of her health and does what is in her power to maintain a professional and acceptable image.

Many men appreciate the effort woman put into making themselves beautiful more than the actual product of beauty and attractiveness.

Men are also more likely to cheat on you when they love you for something other than your brains or personality. I know so many attractive guys who can have their pick of the ladies, and they all choose the ones that are intelligent and hard working.

Also the smarter the guy, the more likely he is to choose intelligence over beauty. My dad's good friend makes 2 000 000 dollars a year, and he chose a very fat girl who was just as a smart as him.

• Wtf kinda question is this ? Parents pushing you to hard ?... You sound dumb and shallow ...

• Disagree,

the most beautiful girl at my school had straight A's...

and no, she didn't cheat! :P

• Disagree.

• No. Just no.

• generally I agree

• Lol...this may have some truth to it...cause throughout my whole life...I've just been a study machine! No life...didn't hang out in high school...just studied...it is my escape from dealing with life

• Disagree ...

• disagree

• Well I'm ugly and I procrastinate.