Ladies, How do you remove your facial hair?!

I am full on Italian, I have fair skin, but extremely nasty dark thick facial hair. Waxing makes me break out like there's no tomorrow, even when I exfoliate my skin. Threading, hurts WAY too much. Can't afford laser or electrolysis yet. Thinking of using an epilator...? The pain is bearable. But does it have any bad effects? I hear women shaving their face is now trending...is that something I should try, or stay away from? PLEASE HELP.

Most Helpful Girl

• the epilator on your facial hair is not a good idea. It can twist your follicles and cause ingrown hairs. As for your skin breaking out when you wax, maybe it's not being done right, or you need a more gentle wax like the pink creme wax. Also, you might be going to the wrong person for threading as well, If it's done right it should not hurt.

If all else fails, tweeze. I have think black hairs on my eye brows, a few little hairs on my upper lip, I rarely get my eyebrows and lips waxed mainly because it is a hassle, and most people do it improperly unless I do it myself.

Another thing you can do to prevent breaking out when waxing is to put on baby power in the areas you are going to wax, use the pink creme wax, and right after wards put on a cooling aloe solution to prevent it from burning.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• If you start now, the hair will grow back quicker the next time and so on and so forth..

If I were you, I'd just leave it and let it be.

However, another option is to use hair removal cream, they have sensitive skin types amongst the most trustworthy brands and are completely painless with a very good outcome, so that would be my recommendation if the hair really bothers you that much, or if you're feeling tough, use the classic tweezer method and pluck those hairs out!

• If anything, DO NOT shave your face! It'll only grow out thicker, faster and more fuller than it already was once before. I don't know if the type of hairs you have are just random hairs or not, but I usually use tweezers for my little hairs. It's pretty painful, but it's fast and convenient

• I use the Veet lotion but it smells horrible

• i use a tweezer

• Wax

• I get an occasional thick dark one on my chin and I just pluck.

Buuut if it's worse, Nair has facial hair removal cream: link I think Veet has something similar for sensitive skin.

• I don't like epilators, they're flimsy. Sometimes they just break the hair off instead of pulling it out. I tweeze.

• My upper lip has slightly darker hair that makes me a little self conscious but a few years ago I decided to just try shaving it. Its pretty fine so I don't get stubble or anything, I wouldn't do it if I did. It takes like 2 seconds when I'm in the shower and its done. I don't have to worry about it anymore like I used to.