Clothing styles for an hourglass figure?

A lot of people say A-line skirts look good... but to me they're not that flattering on an hourglass. People also say to cinch the waist with a belt but to me belts look bad on hourglass shapes, I actually think it makes their waist look bulkier - think about it, they're adding something there. However on people with a more rectangular shape, a belt works wonders there.

So besides a v neck (if your bust is a C cup or bigger) and tight dress/skirts/clothes, I can't think of anything else that works besides diagonal lines on things.

No no's:

mini pleated skirts (like lots of pleats)

empire waist

flowy skirts/dresses

no deep cuts that show off too much cleavage because it looks trashy on C cups and over

no vintage styles usually

no frills, especially ones that go horizontally on skirts - does absolutely nothing for ya

no high neck tops

I duno, I like my figure but I'm really bored of what I can do with it. Seems like the same sh*t. I feel like clothing stores are barely making clothes for hourglasses, they're coming up with really nice ones for more rectangular figures and flat chests. I love the styles they can wear but I'd look stupid with it on. Argh, I'm going through one of those clothing frustration moments where I want to chuck everything away and start again.

Most Helpful Guy

• How about maxi dresses? Avoid belts, right...with a frilly tiop shawl type covering, maybe chiffon in hot weather, just to break up the silhouette.

Loose fitting slacks, not skinny jeans!

• I've never worn a maxi dress because they never have the right cut up top but till I do I won't doubt that it would look good! *maxi dress hunt*

• You can find any possible variety..

Thanks for the best Answer