Married people, do you dress to impress somebody?

Married people, each day when you're getting ready for work or school or whatever, or maybe even weekly for church or a social event, are you thinking about trying to impress and look good for a particular person you will see who isn't your spouse? If so, why? To compete? To attract them? What do you hope to gain?

What Girls Said 1

• When I get ready for church on Sundays I dress up nice 1) because I want my hubby to be reminded that I know how to look gorgeous and 2) so I don't have to worry about other women looking "prettier" than me and distracting him. If I am going somewhere and there's a nice looking man, of course I'll want to look my best so I don't feel like a frump but I'm not trying to steal him. Sometimes I just enjoy that quick, stunned look a guy gets on his face when he thinks a woman is beautiful and that kind of non-verbal complement can boost you for weeks.

My advice: Trust your gut on this one. If she's suddenly getting dressed up and caring when she didn't before, there's a reason. BUT the reason could be that she found out a girlfriend of hers thinks YOU'RE cute and no way is she stepping out of the house without looking great to remind chica to keep her eyes off you!

What Guys Said 0