Look better in the mirror than pictures?

So, I look in the mirror, fine, feel good about myself, a picture gets took of me? Looks completely different... for me anyway. So, why is this? And which is more accurate of what I look like, mirror or picture?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I think videos are more accurate than photos or the mirror. Photos only capture a moment in time and sometimes features don't translate well on camera. Mirrors show a backwards image. Videos account for both a 3D rendering and not being flip-flopped.

Personally, I look better on video than on camera. One time I made a video and uploaded it on my blog along with a picture I took. Same day, same lighting, same room, same clothes, everything the same. But a few people on my blog said they looked like two completely different people.

What Girls Said 9

• I'll spend half hour getting ready before a night out, I won't leave until I think I look presentable enough to be out in public then as soon as I have a picture taken by a friend I'm like..wow..do I REALLY look like that? Then all the confidence I built getting ready goes within an instant.

I think in the mirror, you focus on your best bits..see what you wanna see, whereas in photos you're caught in the moment and you see yourself as a whole.

• I'm the same way. I look good in mirrors and videos but when someone takes a picture my confidence goes down to the floor. There's a lot of different theories to this. Personally I believe that pictures just capture one moment without movement. You know how a slow motion camera that is filming water shows the water differently? That's sort of what I think is going on with portrait photos if that makes sense.

• I am the same - SO not photogenic yet in person I have a pretty face. It is SOOOO annoying! Yet I know this ugly chick who looks GREAT in pictures (like the camera magically gave her facial reconstructive surgery) and people meet her and are like "EWWW!" so I'd rather have my problem!

The camera is wrong and the mirror is right. :) Occasionally people will tell you that you're not photogenic but they mean it as a complement. Learn photoshop, it will help fix the pics you totally hate! LOL!

• In a mirror, you can see depth and dimension to your face, where as a picture is a flat image of captured light. When you flatten an image you lose depth and dimension which is why the old saying goes, "The camera adds 10 lbs." To counter this professionals use makeup and light fixtures to contour and enhance the facial features just enough so the depth can be read by the camera lenses.

• happens to me too actually. I'm hoping the mirror is more accurate because I feel like I look better when I look at myself in the mirror. sometimes I also wonder what other people see me as... its kind of hard to look at yourself and judge because your so used to your own features!

• Me too I guess in the mirror you don't have to pose and stay still

• I have the same prob.. Its gay..

im hopen the mirror is more accurate but f*** if I know

• Its better to look good in real life than through a picture

• The mirror is a reflection everything is kinda backwards like if you tried reading a shirt it'd be reversed

What Guys Said 2

• Why ruin your day with looking at a photo? Just go with the better perspective and work with it. Walk with the attitude of LMFAO's song, "I'm sexy, and I know it."

• I feel that way to and it's true in the mirror or in person I'm better looking than the pictures on my Facebook. I think it's because it adds 10lbs!