How realistic are your expectations of your looks?

How attractive do you think you are and do you think you over or underrate yourself? Also where do you think you stand in relation to your friends?...I find a lot of people assume themselves more attractive than a lot of their friends

I like to think I'm realistic in the fact that I have a fairly plain face (not saying I'm ugly or fishing for compliments) and probably attract more attention for my figure.

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually think I'm about a 7/10 give or take. I've actually been told this a few times by women so I like to think my own opinion of myself is pretty accurate. Basically I consider myself to be above average. I know I'm no clavin klein model, but I'm still attractive.

As far as my looks in relation to my friends, I feel that again I'm above average. I'm better looking that the majority of them, but there are a one or 2 who look better. I think my fashion is the best though. Even my female friends who have boyfriends always compliment me on my clothes and on a few occasions have told their bf's to dress more like me.

At the end of the day, I have pretty high standards of my looks. I put a lot of effort in to things like my body, my clothes, my hair, and all the other little small things that go into looks. I'm definitely not one of those guys who just rolls out of bed and throws on the first pair of clothes he sees, eats cheese burgers all day, doesn't know what a comb is, and doesn't care at all what he looks like.

What Guys Said 6

• idk I always worry that people don't think I'm good looking. I have had some people tell me I'm cute but I still am skeptical to believe.

• I don't look too bad, there are better of course but I'm not the most hideous thing lmao. As for friends, I don't really judge them based on looks, I mean its deeper than that and I refuse to grade them on looks, that's just really mean I think.

• I do think, not through bitching necesarily, that people will always compare themselves to others especially physically. Your friends are always going to be the ones you compare yourself to and a lot of people either elevate themselves to be above average, even secretly think themselves the best, or they underrate themselves and elevate their friends above them. Maybe I'm cynical but very few people are happy to be average. For the record your deffinately not the most hideous thing :P

• I know what you mean, and I think I'm just happy to have decent friends lol, instead of comparing and contrasting them, everyone is different so let them do what they like, doesn't effect me in the slightest if they think they're better looking than me. I rub that off like water off a duck's back ha ha :)

• meh I was meant to be *foreveralone*

• some girls say I'm hot and some don't even look at me. it happens to be that the ones I don't look at think I'm hot lol but I think I'm better than average but not like super sexy and attractive. so I'd say a solid 7 out 10

• im pretty decent looking.idk wether I underrate myself or not

• I don't think I'm to much to look at.

What Girls Said 9

• If I had to rate my looks out of ten I'd say I was a five. I think that might even be an overrate.

I'm not all that confident in my looks but I have quite a lot of confidence in my bold personality.

Within my social circle, I'd say I'd get a little attention from guys but my friends get quite a bit more, I come across as really confident and sometimes guys seem to find that a little intimidating, even though I'm actually not confident, at all, I just put that on when meeting new people because that works for me and everyone else. I don't seek compliments from anyone, ever, I'm happy in myself and that's what matters.

• I don't really think I look that good.

I have a chubby face with bloated cheeks. And I have jacked up yellow teeth. My friends are beautiful girls. They always tell me I am too hard on myself..but when you have friends you look too beautiful... there is only so many lies you can take when they try to make you feel better about yourself. One of the things I hate the most about the way I look is my body...I have curves which makes me look chunky..I want a more slender body. No matter how much I work on my fitness I can never have the slender body I want..I end up looking like a stubby donut. What I want for myself is not what others want for me. lol...my nose is just crap. It looks like an actually dough ball.

I mean, I am content with my looks...but I wish I could look different. I sort of look stand out in a bad way.

• Idk, I don't think I'm the hottest, most beautiful girl, but then I have times where I'll go out and a lot of people will come up to me and be like "You're beautiful." I mean like at least five or six people in one place. I remember one day specifically, I wasn't feeling all that great about my face. I don't remember why lol, it was just one of those days where I felt outshined by the beauty of other women. I went out to this outdoor mall with a few friends. There was this guy playing his saxophone, trying to get tips. As I walked by him to get some ice-cream, he stopped me and said, "Excuse me young lady, I just want to feast on you're beauty. You are so gorgeous." It was the most respectful compliment I have ever gotten from a guy.

In relation to my friends when it comes to attractiveness, I think that we're all pretty in different ways and I love that. I can honestly say that I don't have a friend who's looks are quite like mine and I really love that! :D They set me apart because their facial features are so different from mine.

In total honesty, I've kind of let go of my expectations for my looks. I work out by going to the gym and dancing, I take good care of my hair, and put on a little make-up every now and then. But that's more so for ME and my health and my confidence. I feel that my purpose alive is so much better than achieving attractiveness in someone's eyes. I also think that my outter appearance is just a tool of expression and my mind is where all the value is at. When I look at things that way, all those expectations just dissipate. So I don't know how attractive people think I am, but I sincerely don't care because I'm good enough for me :)

• i get more attention for my body than for my face, so I never really thought myself to be gorgeous. sometimes I have bad face days so I'd look in the mirror and be mortified at the sight of me. and other days I'd think I look nice. honestly if I had an average body, I'd probably get less attention.

• I don't think I'm anything special or particularly attractive, I'm not happy with the way I look but I'm learning to accept. It's hard to feel pretty when out together with friends because they're hot and I don't know why but I don't think many people in the UK are attracted to my ethnicity (south-east asian).

• it may make you stand out (in a good way). Men like something exotic.

• Once you have more confidence in yourself and get yourself out there, I can predict that ego ballooning as you realize that you're quite blessed :P

• Aw you are lovely, not really sure how I'm blessed ha ha my ego will always be tiny ;D

• I don't think I look bad. I'm no super gorgeous beauty queen, but I like to think I'm pretty. I like my body and I have a decent face. I probably overrate myself just a lil... I don't know. Compared to my friends, I'd honestly say I'm one of the more attractive of them just because when we're together, I'm often the one guys pay attention to. Overall, I'm happy with my looks, and if I could trade with someone else, I wouldn't. My looks suit me :) I think I'm being fairly realistic.

• I'm a 5/10

I'm average :P

But I could be rating myself TOO high. I'm not ugly, but I'm certainly no beauty

• I like how I look. Of course there are days when I feel like crap but he majority of the time I think I am above average like a 7 and when I put in an effort like an 8 or 9. But That's how I see myself lol who knows maybe I'm over rating. I love my friends theyr the funnest most interesting people lol they all vary in attractiveness so I don't know :)

• I think I probably underrate myself.