Is my dress inappropriate for my best friend wedding?

Here is the dress

link

So I am one of the bridesmaid of my best friend wedding, its me and her 2 sisters everyone goes with different dresses, my friend told me one of them is wearing peach and the other a light print one and her mom navy and she told me only not to get red as it would pop too much

So I got this I loved it and it was cheap and it's in my favorite color that's why I got it...

My mom is saying that it might be too bright that it will stand out as much as a red would...

Should I ask her and see what she says, I told her it was green I just didn't show her the dress

Do you think its inappropriate in this case?

I was thinking that any color that isn't peach or nude will pop as the others aren't using color even if I got a pastel color, I don't really look good in those boring tones but if that makes her feel better I will get another dress I message her the dress and I am waiting what she says, hope she doesn't mind cause I am so in love with it :)
She still hasn't answer my fb message about it, I message her on her phone too asking her to call me after work and I ve been on Skype waiting for her and nothing :(
Good news she says my dress is fine :) and that her sis just happened to be all in pink/ peach colors and it was fine that mine was different

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would you think it was inappropriate? It's beautiful dress. I wouldn't say it's green though, looks Teal from the picture. You'll contrast with the other bridesmaids, in a good way, you'll all look very different from one another so therefore you'll each stand out more. I'd definitely go for it, especially as you love it and also because it's bold but also subtle and elegant at the same time.

• i agree with you I mean her sister is wearing a pattern flower dress that is way more different than mine I guess I wouldn't want that in my wedding and I think any color will call attention in such a boring pallete lets see what she says :)

What Guys Said 2

• I think you should run it by her first. Your job is to make HER feel like her best today, by getting a dress that would stand out or be too bright, it would seem like your trying to take that away from her.

By the way, I love that dress.

• I think it is beautiful and I hope that she does not mind so that you can wear it.

What Girls Said 5

• Ask her about it first.

It's her special day, and at least if you ask her, even if it does pop too much, she'll respect the fact you asked. It's best to do it sooner rather than later because you can always return it if need be, or swap it for a different color.

I think it's a beautiful dress. You could always suggest putting a shawl with it to tone it down? White would again possibly make it stand out too much, but I'm sure there is a nice color that would go :)

• Cant return I got it in Australia the wedding is in Brazil :( but I message her lets see what she says

• It is a bit bright. It probably wouldn't pop as much as a red dress would, but since all the other bridesmaids are wearing lighter/toned down colors you may want to reconsider. I would ask and see what your friend says. You don't want to take any chances, it is her big day after all.

• just ask your friends if she thinks its okay

• It really does stand out a lot :x shiny plus embroidery and the color is quite bright. Draws attention to the chest/bodice.

• no, I don't think it's inappropriate. but you better ask her opinion.