Do I actually look that different without bangs?

Inspired by this question: link

Do my bangs really make a drastic difference in my appearance?

With bangs: link

Without bangs: link

I'm surprised to see so many people who think I look really different. I never saw a huge difference but I guess it's my face so I know what it looks like. Besides the obvious bare or not bare forehead how does it change my appearance so significantly?

Most Helpful Girl

• Very different. You look super pretty with your hair pulled back, it shows off your features.

• With no bangs you can see how nicely shaped your nose and eyebrows are... They stand out in a good way. Also draws more attention to your eyes. With bangs it kinda makes your nose shape look bobly at the tip even though it doesn't actually look like that, it's like an illusion. Also it hides your eyebrows and it's symmetry and draws the attention to your face shape (chin and cheeks). Your face looks fresh with no bangs.

What Guys Said 5

• In the name of all that is rightful in this world, can you please stop saying 'bangs'; it's a fringe.

Yes you look different, if you're asking which look better, it's a close call.

• I've never heard them called anything but bangs. Where does fringe come from?

• I can see my English lesson is going down well here.

• I'm familiar with it being called a fringe ... but only from uk comedies I watch. Nobody in north America calls it that.

• Yeah it really does, it's like two different people. You should make up another identity! Ur new name is Panelope Wright

• Very different.

I'd be interested to see no bangs with makeup for comparison.

• I am wearing makeup in the no bangs picture. Damn my hooded eyelids, they hide my eye makeup unless I put on a sh*t ton.

• Looking more carefully I see you are. It was more the lipstick was a lot more obvious in the bangs pic.

My opinion of your appearance is reinforced by your 'no bangs' pic.

• You actually do look different without bangs. With your hair back, I think you look more mature, and it shows some very good features that seem to be missed in the picture with bangs.

• Yeah..I would not have recognized you without bangs...o.O

What Girls Said 4

• whoa yes you do look different :P I like the bangs

• major difference and I prefer you with bangs, but you're pretty in both pics

• There is a big difference. You could be two different people.

• You are very lovely in both pictures:-)