So if you had to pick one out of...a smart 7 or a dumb 9?

Either guys or girls. My girl is like a smart 9 but I would choose a dumb nine if I was single. Still I love smart girls.

I thought hard and It seems like a smart seven would be a good choice. Now what's your definition of a seven might be different than mines. lol I've always liked smart girls though

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how smart and how dumb. If a box of rocks could have a better conversation than the dumb 9 then if rather date the smart 7. Now if the smart 7 is one of those people who think they're better than everyone else than I'd date the dumb 9

What Girls Said 14

• People are so ridiculous on here...they just give the answer that seems the most PC.

There is so much more to a person than being "smart" or "dumb"

I know lots of guys that may struggle with school, but they are nice, honest, and hardworking. Intelligence is slightly relative anyways. While someone may be "dumb" when it comes to tests and school work they may have a lot of street smarts.

So there is a lot to factor in here. Overall I guess I'd just say a dumb 9...

• lol Naaah Its not even like that. ha ha I did that when answers were like @ 3 for a while! lol I apologize. ha ha OK now, :) If the guy couldn't hold like a decent convo with you, how will you two survive? I said the dumb nine @ first too, until I really thought like, "what if their too dumb to talk to" You see what I'm saying?

• I love how all the guys except for 2 wanted the smart 7 (excluding the guys that posted without answering). There is hope for mankind.

• You see that huh? bad news though I have. ha ha They only say that IMO to impress girls like you or the other girls here. Just my opinion but I think I'm right on the money. lol

• Well, seeing as they aren't going to get with any of the girls on here because everyone is miles away- I chose to be an optimist on this situation.

• depends on what kind of dumb. like, I don't care if you're not all that book-smart, but if you're dumb about everyday, real life stuff, then I could never date someone like that. I mean, I can't even try to hold a conversation with people like that for even five minutes before it feels like my brain's turning to goo.

if you're too dumb to even keep up a normal, everyday life conversation, then I'm sorry but you need to gtfo.

hopefully that makes sense :P

• lol Makes perfect sense tabby. Like really really dumb though! ha ha Like where you can't hold a convo with them at all. lol

• exactly! :D

• smart 7, stupid people make me want to kill them!

• umm dpends what kind of dumb he was...

like if it was a nice dumb 9 would be awesome ...

anyway I'm sure I could teach him stuff

;P

• thats what I'm saying! I'm sure you could teach me some stuff lmao...jk but yea I guess it does depend..what about a smart 7? lol I see you passed that up xD

• depends what kinda smart... a lot of "smart " people are jerky about their smartness... like I prefer a nice personality over smart... and if he is smart there is a higher chance that he is manipulative. but nice smart and 7 would be ideal ..

• I know right! Like my uncle he's very smart and this dude acts like a real jackass about everything! lol Its hilarious, but yea I see your points very on "point" ha ha I think you deserve the Ba forsure// you?

• First instinct, go for the smart 7 because I love smart guys. I like to pick their brains for information and they rub off on me. Plus, 7 is still pretty high on the looks scale. The exception is if the guy has zero personality or sense of humor. Or if he's a jerk.. that's a huge turn-off, I'd drop him and scoop the dumb 9 in a heartbeat. Educate him a little bit.. we'd be alright.

• I see. So what if the guy was like a jerk? haha

• The "Educate him a little bit.. we'd be alright" seriously made me laugh my ass off

• lol cool

• Smart 7.

• I like the honesty.

• Well, I can't stand a dumb person, I need to be able to have deep conversations, I don't want to have to dumb things down when talking to them. Usually smart people are funnier because they are witty. Why would I want a dumb 9? 7's can be attractive as hell too, and if they are smart and witty then it makes them even more attractive. Plus, if they are smart they can come up with cute and creative things to do for ya. I just can't stand dating a dumb person.

• I definitely agree with you 100%

• smart 7. The brainyness will make him even hotter :)

• A dumb nine; I'm smart enough for the both of us.

• I'll take a dumb 9 so I can look smart around someone! Lmaoo

• Dumb nine all the way... I am smart enough for both of us :) but honestly as long as he isn't a jackass we'll be cool.

• haha! So you'll be the brains, is that right? So if dude was like a complete idiot, to a point where convos were a struggle. lol You cool with the guy?

• yeah :) Totally. My ex was like that, but always had the best intentions and was really sweet; which is part of the reason why we are getting back together. Quite honestly, I have learned that usually those whom we consider "dumb" see things from really interesting ways.

• very cool! :)

• Dumb 9

• smart 7.

• Smart 7, as long as he's a nice guy. I'd prefer brains over looks any day, since I'd want to hang out with someone who I can talk with about anything and everything.

What Guys Said 15

• i'll take the dumb 9, I'm into arm candy, haha. when girls are dumb, I find it endearing, absolutely adorable. I dated this girl like 10 years ago, and we worked with a pregnant girl. of course all the chicks ooh-ed and ahh-ed over it all day, every day. so annoying, but anyway...hahaha. so lindsey, the girl I was seeing (sweetest kid in the world, and hot as all get out, but just dumb as box of hammers), goes up to the pregnant girl and says "can I try to feel the baby kicking?", and the girl says, "sure." so lindsey puts her hands on either side of her stomach and after a few seconds says, "can you feel my hands on your stomach?" and everyone just kind of looked down and away, we were just dumbfounded, hahaha. the pregnant girl was a wise-ass, so she was like "oh my god, lindsey...of course I can." I still don't think lindsey realized she was being teased. absolutely classic. but I just wanted to hug her, hahaha.

my current girlfriend is definitely the brains of our operation though. love her to death, but she always wants to talk about serious sh*t. I'm a pretty smart guy (1300 out 1600...yes, I'm that old...on my SATs, for whatever that's worth) but I'm NOT an intellectual at all. literally the last thing I'm looking for is deep conversation. I don't give a f*** about politics or current events, in fact I purposely stay ignorant of that stuff, since I think it's all bullsh*t. I'm all about sports, laughs, and good times. if your conversation isn't about anything under those categories, I'm bored to death. maybe I'm a dumb 9, actually, hahaha. ahhh, who am I kidding...i'll give myself a dumb 8 ;-)

• HAHAHAHA DUDE THATS TOO FUNNY! Lindsey sounds like a real sleeper lol. I understand how you feel though! My girl right now Is a Very Hot Smart Nine. lol Like no lie! I'm very lucky to have her I know that. Now I do a lot of things she doesn't like sometimes but only because I know she likes it! ha ha I know It doesn't make sense but me and her are like made for each other. Ashley is her name by the way. The thing is though, If the girl is just really really really dumb! lol That may be a BIG problem. lol

• yeah, it was a riot, for sure. definitely one of those people where the engine is running, but no one's behind the wheel. she was more of an extended fling than a girlfriend, so it was probably more tolerable. waking up next to a moron for years on end has gotta take an eventual toll on you, haha.

sounds like you found a good one, congrats and good luck with that!

• Have to agree with madiocre. Depends on what kind of dumb. What I value most is street smarts not book smarts.

If a girl has the maturity and decision making of a 10 year old (dumb blond type stuff), that is not a turn on and would def go with the 7. However, if the 9 is a perfectly functioning human being who has ample street smarts but just doesn't know the molecular makeup of a hydrogen atom, I'm OK with that and would pick the 9.

Frankly I've dated a brainiac and I'll never do it again. I'm a pretty smart guy, but I don't like when I feel like I lose 100IQ points just by standing next to her.

• I see your point. What If she's really dumb though? Like just... You know! haha

• like paris hilton dumb :3

i swear I once read a quote of hers that went like "Wal-mart... do they, like, sell walls there?" I laughed so freakin hard! not exactly sure if it's true or not, but it seems like something she'd say xD

• Yeah what I meant was like paris hilton dumb. That is not a turn on.

• I'd take the intelligent 7 for a long term relationship and the dumb 9 for a one night stand. There has to be something to talk about beyond the last episode of Gossip Girl for a relationship to have any staying power for me.

• Depends what kind of smart she is? If she's able to hold an intelligent conversation or the kind of smart that she's talking about sh*t that I have no clue about then I would prefer the dumb 9.

• lol! Real smart. You two can talk together about everything!

• Well then I'd take the smart 7. As long as she's not on her high horse.

• Most definitely a smart 7. As time goes on those numbers will down but being smart or dumb is permanent.

• I'd pick a moderate 8

• id date the smart 7 for sure :)

• depends

• “Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

• false dichotomy. Being smart in itself is not a virtue. In essence, you're choosing the person who can perform the most computations without becoming flustered. I'd choose the warm hearted simpleton over the intelligent bitch.

• False equivalencies are no better than false dichotomies. Intelligence does not equal bitchiness. I do agree that it isn't raw intelligence (computational power as you put it) that makes a person interesting either. It's being curious, open-minded, well-informed and well-rounded.

• yes I chose to pair the two to make a point, not because I believe they tend to go together. The point is, it's a stupid question.

• Smart 7.

• A DUMB NINE MOSS BRO!

• say john! real sh*t, ashley a what? I know yo asnwer but let it be known

• stalk free zone here! lol... south beach, I'm flying you and roxy out for gm one dude! 4real

• Damn WE let kd go HAAAAAAAAAAAAAM! :( that was bs! Thanks for sending the tape too. I know you gonna be off here for a while. I bet yo ass be on fb though lmao

• Eh...Smart 7.

• Reeeeal! But people might call sevens, *sixes* though! lol You feel meh? Uhh yeah though I agree son, after much debate. I wouldn't be mad with that dumb 9 though! u? lol

• tell me about it, I'm already dumber than a bag of rocks so I just hit like one.

• quote of the century right there from our boy dre. I gotta use that one, hahaha...

• Smart 7 all the way

• A smart 7 for me please...I value intelligent females...(:(:(: