Are long nails a bad thing?

I've got really long nails, naturally they aren't fake. But it seems to annoy most girls that I have kind of perfect nails. I was wondering, does it annoy most people? They get scratchy and can be a weapon. Those are my nails ---> link No they aren't fake :P

Most Helpful Girl

• Haters are gonna hate on what they don't have. Having long nails is not a bad thing :D

What Guys Said 3

• I'm probably in the minority, but I don't like long or fake nails

they just look like claws to me and make me cringe

but you aren't trying to impress me so it doesn't matter

• No those girls just sound jealous. Keep those nails woman! :D

• Dont' they get annoying to clean :3

• yeah :P

• weelp that's the only bad thing I can think of. Oh and breaking a nail which happens to me all the time if I don't keep mine really short :p

• Hahah you can sympathize? :)

What Girls Said 8

• Haha I used to have long nails too. People use to always tell me to cut them. One day I had seen someone who's nails were long just like mine and it looked so digusting. So yea, now I have short nails. Don't get me wrong though, if you keep up with your nail, keep them cleaned, and painted. You have nothing to worry about. I think seeing someone else's nails that were disgusting made me not want long nails.

• Ew :\

Yeah I clean them a lot, lots a dirt under em.

• Your nails are nice, livi! ^^

Hmm I can't make my nails very long because I'm not comfortable with long nails. They are, as you mentioned, like weapons lol. In addition, I feel they store some dirt and some people say even if you always clean them, they gather bacteria and germs. Also, I like to cook a lot and sometimes I feel the nails bother me and come in the way lol.

So I usually cut them and keep them short! xD

• Yeah I gotta cut 'em soon :3

• Oh maybe it's because you lack Calcium and some vitamins like vitamin A and C.

You should take vitamins and have a balanced diet. :)

• Nomnomnom vitamins.

• Girls like long nails - perfectly manicured and pretty looking.

You'll find most guys will prefer nails like this: link link They look more natural, and don't look like they are going to poke an eye out - but are still feminine and pretty.

• Haha whenever I let my nails grow, girls always closely inspect my hand and press on my nails because they don't believe me when I say those are my real nails.

I don't know why they doubt me, is it really that hard for them to grow out their nails?

• My nails were a bit longer than the link posted and I had to cut them short after getting a job at a restaurant :/

• I love your nails and I love the shape. Mine are long like that but I keep mine squared off.

• I'm gonna make em real fancy soon! Like that and stuff :3

• I actually have that same exact issue lol. I have nails that are perfect and people always ask me if they are fake. I don't care if other people act annoyed. They'r just jealous and it's not like I can do anything about my nails.

• Yeah same here! I hafta cut 'em, one broke :\ That's the bad part, my nails aren't hard and they break pretty easily.

• that's cool, I just keep my right hand nails filed because that's the hand I masturbate with, lol.