Tattooing my girlfriend's name?

what could be the pros and cons of getting it tattooed on my arm?

Most Helpful Guy

• Pros: everyone who sees it will know you're an idiot and will know not to take you seriously.

Cons: everyone who sees it will know you're an idiot and will know not to take you seriously.

Even people who are huge fans of tattoos will tell you that the last thing you EVER want to tattoo on yourself is your lover's name, because a year or two from now, when you've moved on, it's not only going to make you look stupid, but it's going to make any girl you want to be with upset or angry. To do this is the very height of short-sightedness.

What Girls Said 7

• Pro: Show that she's important to you, a part of your life, she might possibly think it was romantic.

Cons: Why do you need it? .. you don't, If you were to break up..then what, if you want it removed in the future - it can cost quite a bit and is a lot of effort, awkward if you break up then want to date someone new.

I wouldn't recommend a name tattoo whatsoever, especially on your arm, if you're addiment of getting it, get it somewhere not so blatantly obvious like on your chest or ribs or something.

• A better option would be something symbolic of her, something that represents her but when/if she leaves you then it's just a pretty tattoo that you like, or that can easily be covered up or turned into something else.

• Well if you guys break up then your gonna have something on your arm that you won't like. I wouldn't do it unless you marry her.

• Dumbest thing ever, please don't do it

• Bro! get it on your wrist or around a finger where its not noticeable!

• marry her and THEN tattoo her name on your arm.

• She might think its romantic, but then you're stuck with it forever. Plus, if my boyfriend did it, I'd honestly think it was a little weird unless we'd been together a really, really long time.

What Guys Said 6

• When she screws your best friend, you'll have to have something else tattooed over it.

Just saying, nothing in life is permanent. Especially relationships. Tattooing your kids' names on your body is one thing. Tattooing a lover's name? Not the best idea.

• Man unless her name is like also your moms name or daughter or something like that where you can pass off her name as someone else don't get one. It always turns out bad. If you do have a good plan for a cover-up later. I don't know much about tattoos but I'm sure there is some way you can make it cover-up friendly for the next artist lol.

• horrible idea I wouldn't recommend tattooing anyones name on yourself anything can happen and tat removal is expensive and painful so you'll be stuck with a constant reminder of how much you hate them if something goes wrong

• The Pros- About having your girl name tattoo she will always love you for that.

The Cons-Female you encounter will always ask, "why you have a girl name tattoo on you".

• Pros: Everyone will know how stupid you are.

Cons: Everyone will know how stupid you are.

• tatoo it on your forehead, that's what the cool people do