What sized shirt do you typically wear?

I personally wear men's large (US).

What about you? Be honest and answer anonymously if you'd like. Vote in the poll!

• Size Small (S)
  • Size Medium (M)
  • Size Large (L)
  • Size Extra Large (XL)
  • Other (XS, XXL and Beyond)
Please vote if you haven't already done so! Thanks for answering.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 52

• I wear a small.

If I'm buying clothing to wear to bed I usually buy a size larger, medium (I like to sleep and be comfortable).

• Medium,

Sometimes it's just right,

and sometimes it's oversized for me and I use it as a nightshirt :)

• an xs or s

• unfortunately I have really big boobs, so I have to get large or extra large (i'm in Canada) depending on the make/style of the shirt because of them. if it weren't for them, then it would be medium and large instead.

having big boobs ain't all it's cracked up to be >.<

• I so understand. It sucks.

• Thank you. I hate my boobs. they are a freakin d

• ugh I feel your pain tayterkinz. mine are d's too. do you sometimes have to go up to dd depending on the style and make of the bra?

• Sometimes a small, someties a medium. Depends on the brand and if it is going to shrink or not.

• usually a small

• Depends on the shirt. Usually large, because it is the only size that fits my chest, but it is too big for my waist. Shirts with a larger chest and a cinched in waist, I can fit a medium. Meh.

• Either XS or S

• L I like to cover my fat and my body up and I hate when people wear things too small!

• I almost always wear a medium.

• For t-shirt sizes I'm small. Other shirts depend on which section of the store I'm in...

• xs

• Size Small usually...sometimes medium

• small-medium- really depend on the brand

• Usually xs but some shirts that are small still fit C:

• A medium

• A small

• Medium :)

• I usually wear mens t-shirts large because I have big boobs but don't like to show them off. Weird, right?! Haha but I also like baggy ts

• Usually a medium, but sometimes a large.

• XS or S

• Usually small, sometimes XS, depending on the make.

• generally medium, but with some brands small.

• A medium.

• US S, M, or sometimes L. Mostly M, though.

• Medium, I don't like tight shirts

• Large. I have big boobs & a long torso so medium size shirts aren't long enough.

• Medium.

• I'm almost always a small. :)

• Us sm or m depending on the cut

• More from Girls
    22

What Guys Said 36

• It depends on the cut of the shirt. By my chest measurement I am 42" exactly which would put me as a large by most standard. Assuming the shirt has a "straight cut" (most common kind in America) that's what I wear. But because my waist isn't as trim as it should be, I can't fit into shirts that are tailored with a V-taper to the torso shape. So if the shirt has that cut to it I have to move up to an XL usually.

• You act as if your shirt size is something to be embarrassed about, enough to go anonymous even. Size medium.

• If it's a dress shirt, I wear large because I'm a husky guy. If it's a cotton tee, I like medium which is small for me, but I've got guns so why not show 'em off?

• For the most part large, but some brands I wear medium, but I try to stay away from medium because I don't like tight fit clothing.

• XXL but I can wear XL. I just prefer more loose fitting shirts

• I have to wear XL (US) because of my shoulders. I'm pretty scrawny other than that, 34/34 jeans and such..

• Small-medium. Preferably medium. If I go with a small t-shirt, I usually have a shirt on top of it. (like this link

• I think European sizes are generally smaller than American sizes, like one time I was buying shirts online from America and in one of the brands I took a small and the other was an extra small lol. I'm not small, I'm like 5"10 and 150lbs, just average I guess but I usually take a small, or a medium, just depends on the fit of the shirt

• European sizes are definitely a lot smaller... My aunt brought me back a shirt from Germany and the tag said XL... the shirt is a tad smaller than some of my mediums here in the US

• I'm right in between M and L, so unfortunate. I don't like wearing sloppy t-shirts, and I don't like wearing super tight shirt either. Some of my shirts are M, some are L. There's one specific store that has t-shirt that perfectly fit my torso and shoulders. It's odd because I'm 6'4", but I have a slight upside down triangle build. My shoulders won't fit in a regular M but my torso will, I'm doomed.

• XXL

• Medium tall if possible, large otherwise.

Dress shirts I get M2M for the most part.

• Small and extra-small.

• My shoulders are so wide I have to wear 2X. Anything smaller than that the sleeves will ride up my shoulders. With a longsleeved shirt, the cuffs will not reach all the way down. Both ways just looks ridiculous.

• Size XL If I wear any smaller I look like one of those guys that tries to hard by wearing a super tight shirt. Won't fit I have big shoulders and back and so it just looks odd.

• I generally stray towards slim-fit-style men's Medium, especially when buying higher-end shirts, but I'll go for the occasional Large if I'm feeling like being extra-comfy! Style isn't always all it's cracked up to be. :P

• I tend to wear medium but I'm thinking of possibly switching to large.

• I used to wear tight small shirts but realized that I look like a little kid in them.

I am a tall, skinny dude and I started wearing Large and Medium

• US medium

• US large might be too big for me, but in Finland I use large shirts :D

• This is a weird question.

• Large. I have medium t-shirts too, but they are a little short after they are washed. All of my dress shirts are large, because my neck is too snug in anything less than that.

• Same, men's large US in everything except the livestrong line by Nike, their polo's run a size bigger for me, so the Polo's a US medium

• XXL t-shirts, I have a large muscular frame and I'm tall. Some brands I need a XXXL.

• Small or Medium, depending on the shirt or brand of shirt.

• Eh it various on the fabric but generally Medium or Large. I only wear small if I'm trying to show out haha.

• Mens large

• men's extra large

• m and dress shirts a 12 and a halfn

• I like overlarge shirts :P comfy. extra large ftw.

• XXL mostly. Some XL fit, just depends.

• More from Guys
    6