Why do people dye their hair?

I'm talking about the hair on the head.

I'm very curious about this (I've never done it).

Most Helpful Guy

• Because we humans love change. It's refreshing.

What Guys Said 5

• they imagine that color of hair on their head and prefer it to their natural color. Sometimes people will switch colors only temporarily, but will you will never see some people's naturaql hair color. That's just who they are, and they think the color matches their personality better.

• ive done it, beach blonde, and red, I'm a dirty blonde to begin with, I just wanted my natural color back (when I was really a beach blonde before I turned dirty, naturally) red I just wanted to do for fun, I mean guys are doing it more and more these days, why should girls get to have all the fun, ya know?

• the older I get the more I find dye hair fake and whom dye their are those lack of confindent, and try to be someone else.

be happy with what you have.

confindent is sexyer than perfect body

• It's because nobody comes natural with blue hair

Maybe when gene doping technology matures, it won't be a problem

• They do it for fun, to attract someone, or because they just don't like there hair color. You should try it, I've only got purple hi-lights but it's really fun to have done

What Girls Said 16

• I get bored with my cut and color on a monthly basis, so I change it a lot. I've done every color there is. I'm constantly changing, and so is my hair. I don't plan it, I'm just impulsive. I'll wake up and be like, 'hm, I think I'll change my hair today' and then I change the color, or bust out the scissors and cut it, or do it randomly before bed. My natural color is the one in my icon, but honestly I think I should have been born a redhead. Everyone seems to prefer me with red hair, and I tend to go with red in between other weirder colors.

• It just depends, really. I dye my hair for fun, as it is one of the many ways to express who I am and how I'm feeling at a particular time. I've done blonde, brown, red, pink, black, and of course, multi-colored highlights. It's an easy thing to change to liven myself up, as well, and always gives me a little boost.

• I have been dying my hair since I was 13, so almost 10 years. I personally don't like my natural hair colour, it's kind of a mousy brown, and I would rather have dark dark brown hair. I also streak it, and do funky colours (it was burgundy for grad and purple not long after that, and then blueberry blue most recently). I just like to experiment, and shock people, and hide my natural mousy brown hair.

• i do it to look different

i have dark brown hair which I occasionally bleach/ highlight to be blond

it's just fun.

• Because people want to look different from how they ususally look. Plus ( I've found this to be mostly within girls) people like to change it up and keep thier look different, so that they aren't bored with themselves or thier hair.

• I agree with a lot of the other answers - that people especially girls love changing their appearance - but I think another reason is that a different color other than one's natural one looks better with their skin tone and maybe eye color. for instance, this might sound unusual, but I've discovered that bluish-black looks best on me because of my pale skin and hazel eyes. my natural light brown color makes me look plain and a little washed-out.

• Well me personally, I like dying my hair black because I just prefer it as a hair color. My natural hair color is a brown, and I started dying...hmm, a bit more than a year ago I guess. The beginning of 9th grade. I feel like brown is sort of common, and you don't see that many girls with black hair, at least where I live. So I guess I sort of wanted to be just a bit different. I feel like the black hair color also fits my personality a bit more than my natural. For me, it's not something about just wanting to 'mix' or 'change' things up from now time to time. I just feel more comfortable in black.

Once I get out of the house though, I plan on trying a few colors on my hair. Not the whole head, especially since my hair is quite long, but more the tips and ends. Thinking about colors like blue and purple :]

• I like change. Right now I'm a blonde, but two months ago I was a dark brown. My natural color is a dirty blonde and I hate it so I dye it for that reason too.

• I'm a compulsive hair dyer :D I do it because I get bored and like to change it up a bit. I've been told I'm rather good at it and getting compliments never hurts teehee.

• I get my hair colored that almost matches my natural hairstyle. It adds a shine and makes it feel really smooth. It's fun to play with colors. I love getting colored extensions and mixing things up.

• I do it specifically for the fact that my hair looks so dirty if I don't dye it, because my roots grow in darker than the rest of my hair. My hair is still pretty much the same color. I just prefer to dye it so it's an overall color.

• I do it because I have gray hair. I have had it since I was 12.

• Lol I love to dye by hair! I think its the easiest way to change you look... and it will always grow back! :)

• haha, I dye my leg hair during season.

we have a dye party!

• for change

• For a change/ because we can / it's fun / with the season...