Do women really not care as much about how a guy looks?

You always hear that women are not as preoccupied by looks as much as guys -- is this really true? Does an ordinary looking guy who can make a girl laugh instantly more attractive than the boring adonis?

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely, There is nothing better than going through life with a person who has a sense of humor and does not take himself to seriously. You know when anything goes wrong, that they can make you laugh. That is incredibly sexy and appealing to women.

I have been approached by gorgeous men, but no sense of humor, no laughing, no silliness...its disappointing.

But an average looking guy who can't stop making me laugh--all I am thinking about is how much fun he will be in the sack:-)

Good Luck!

What Girls Said 5

• That depends on the women.

You have women that really don't care how a guy looks and will date anybody.

Then there's the women that expect a guy to look perfect at all times, or she won't be seen in public with him.

I'm a little different. I don't personally care what a guy looks like, as long as he's at a healthy weight (thin or heavy), takes care of himself and is respectful to women.

• for me it is a certain look, defiantly not the beauty standards set by society... it's just a look in his eyes, I don't know if the guys I've dated would be "attractive" to others, but they are to me and that's all that matters... however, I am really picky about his body though, I don't date fat guys, just sayin.

• Well to be honest, the first thing that catches my attention when I've just met someone is what they look like (attractive or not?). A guy can be funny and sweet but if there is no attraction what so ever, I won't waste their time.

• An ordinary looking guy with good sense of humor is more attractive than a boring adonis:-).

• yes, id rather have a ugly guy or cute but out of shape guy that can make me laugh

then..

a hot smoking guy that's worse than talking to a wall

he has to treat me right and make me laugh then looks matter, but personality always first

What Guys Said 3

• Too a certain degree. Men are more visual, we all know that. So relatively speaking and in general, women care less about looks than men do but still - she needs to find him attractive (based on her own standards).

• Confidence is to women what beauty is to men.

• I think being nice and funny works for both sides. A pretty girl with no personality is boring too and I guess it's the same way the other way round :))