Days when you just feel ugly?

i sometimes get that. yet, no one has ever called me ugly..it's always been my own self doubts for some reason...does anyone else get this?

Most Helpful Girl

• hell yeah. once a week I think. either I crawl up in my sweatpants and huge pullover and spend the day in my bed or in front of my pc, or I put on the very best I have if I have to go out. sometimes it's so bad that I get whiney! and sometimes I jsut get over it in a minute and get on with stuff, forget about it. it's really weird...

What Girls Said 13

• Plenty! I know what you mean. And it sucks to feel that. Although, I'm sure many people have.

• Most of the time I do.

Occasionally I feel context..but I rarely am..i look in the mirror and want to change everthing.

• Yup

• That's everyday as far back as I can remember

• I always do.

• A lot!

• Yeah, these days are called bad days.

• Of course.. I feel that way everyday...

• Yes. All the time. Maybe its because only women have called me pretty or cute

I just assume all the men must think I am ugly

• Those are the worst.

• i feel ugly most days.

• Yeah and I don't wanna leave my house those days or hope I don't see any hot dude...

I really need to feel pretty to feel happy...

• Welcome to a girls life!

What Guys Said 7

• Definitely, you're not alone man, the worst is when I'm physically and mentally exhausted. Its a result of a combination of things. A huge problem is society and the media creating and showcasing celebrities looking and dressed in their finest and movies and TV shows with seemingly perfect, flawless people. Another big problem is the complex brain we come equipped with. The human brain is associative by nature, it connects things together to help us learn and adapt faster. That also means we connect stuff to our identity as well. We see what society and others label as attractive, we look in the mirror and perceive that we are not and eventually our mind connects everything together with the belief that we're ugly or worthless, etc even though we are necessarily not. It can be undone but it takes a lot of work to unwire our negative thoughts from our brains.

• I don't think anyone has called me ugly. I have been called cute... but the problem is, if I am attractive, why the heck do I get no attention from women? I try to get their attention by talking with them, I try just looking at them and get nothing, and ignoring them sure as heck doesn't work.

So... why the heck would women call us cute, yet never show us that they really mean it?

• what are you talking about? I'm beautiful everyday!

• I know what you mean. Of course even if I was as ugly as I picture myself, I don't think anybody would just say it out front to me.

• Thankfully, not too much anymore lately. Kicked it to the curb, for the most part.

• It usually starts Jan 1, ends Dec 31 . Why?

• Like.every.damn.day.