Evolution makes women more attractive

link Scientists have found that evolution is driving women to become more attractive, while men are not likely to advance in the looks department at all. A study, found beautiful women had up to 16 per cent more children than their plainer counterparts.And not only that, these more attractive women are producing more beautiful women.

"Attractive parents have been found to have a higher ratio of daughters to sons," Dr da Silva said.

What do you think are women getting more attractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• My only issue is that our understanding of beauty has been skewed for such a long time. Yes, I am questioning the beauty of symmetry.

Anyways, science has been very supportive of sexist bases for a long time. Them "proving" that men aren't/can't be beautiful is no surprise. Yes, studies prove x why and z, but we have not explored or considered the beauty of men in the same way we have for women-- and beauty isn't a controlled behavior. So I'd say, if you start at the top of a melting iceberg, the results will end up in a large pool of wtf.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm sorry, isn't this just saying that men are more likely to take attractive women as partners, and that they have more daughters than sons? I don't think it's particularly evolutionary, more than sociological.

• Which means that certain traits are passed on more often and desired more often as well. Natural selection :)

• No, because it doesn't mean more women are being born attractive. Technology and whatnot are just making them appear that way. Regardless, it's impossible to measure and account for beauty when it's interpreted differently to each person. Massive difference, doll :)

• I don't believe that

• Sounds like scientist are turning their evolutionary theories into a religion. They should tone it down because they're starting to sound insane, if not already there.

• i don't know that evolution has anything to do with certain kinds of people that we decide are beautiful or not in our societies lmao. I'm sure this only applies to certain races, certain groups of people and certain cultures. take globalization of ideas, media, and communication away and then we are all looking at many different interpretations of beauty.

What Guys Said 5

• Yup, but I think it makes men more attractive too regardless I mean its not like attractive women only bear attractive women. Any how because of natural selection it is obvious that this theory its true, nature always want to bear, presserve and pass on the best genes from one generation to another, its all about survival, the more attractive a person is, the better genes that they have, which characteristics usually are: Height, Strength, Facial Structure, Inteligence and the list goes on. Nature and Individuals always want to reproduce with the best genes out there.

• its not evolution, lol. If it was something like that, in proportion to how old scientists rediculously claim the earth is, we wouldn't be able to remember when women were unnattractive. Woman are getting more attractive because of their mothers taking estrogen.

• You hit a double whammy on this lol. First, the religious wouldn't want to hear about the process of evolution and second, it's too shocking to be so blunt and comment so straightforward about unattractive women being less desirable.

• funny thing is I already known this, and girls are the beautiful gender and guys ar not ... plain and simple

• I'm a little confused how they're the girls are getting more attractive but not the guys. Are the boys more feminine looking and thus less attractive? I don't get it. How else would they be left out?

And, I'm not sure if women are getting more attractive or if they are better with make up, plastic surgery, and anything similar to that.

• And why is that? Dr da Silva says research shows men choose their mates on the basis of beauty, while women pick their partners based on behavior .

"Women are not primarily choosing their partners based on beauty," he said.

"They're choosing their mates based on other characteristics ... whereas men choose genetic success based on looks.

"Women often choose men based on behavior that is successful."

• Yes, but boys are getting their genetics from both. How are they producing more attractive daughters but it's skipping over their sons? If I read it correctly, it doesn't make much sense.