What do you think of the signs of beauty?

link

Ive heard that these are signs of beauty , which means that having them makes you beautiful looking . ( it does not mean not having them doesn't )

Anyways is there any scientific proof to this or is this just something grandmothers say to make their granddaughters feel better ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Those are individual things that SOME people find attractive (and many only find one or a couple attractive, and are indifferent or even turned off by some of the others).

There are few real universal standards of beauty. What is beautiful REALLY depends on where you happen to be standing. If you're in Osaka, Japan, what you think is beautiful is likely VERY different than if you were in Madrid, Spain, or Sau Paulo, Brazil, or in Uganda, or Chile, or in Hollywood.

Heck, if you stop 10 guys on the street, you're going to get at least 8 different opinions. And that's one of the reasons why girls shouldn't be nearly so concerned about their looks having to be "perfect", because what's perfect? "Perfect" is totally different depending on who you ask.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't believe there's science involved, my position on this is that it's all about substance over beauty, beauty within. If you have a good personality (only thing I look for) then soon the right man/boy will come running. I've been chasing this girl for 3 years..still haven't got her but her personality draws me to her. She is beautiful, but it's the personality that makes the foundation of her beauty. (I hate makeup by the way but many boys don't)

In my opinion, there's no point getting dolled up for someone if you got a rottencpersonality to go with it. Yeah your dress and shoes may match but nothing goes with a hprrid personality.

Hope I helped! =)

What Girls Said 8

• this is all culture based, on the middle ages a supperrr high forehead as a sign of beauty, in parts of africa long necks and disc lip plates are beautiful. in ancient japan, black teeth were beutiful. it all depends on the fashion and culture. science says that a symmetrical face (generally representing good genetic health) will attract a mate, and is there for beautiful. its up to you to decide, don't let a website tell you what's beautiful :)

PS. that article seems to be suggesting those are what's commonly beautiful in the Netherlands.. so not everywhere else. (culture based once again)

• I don't know if there is any esearch behind this howevr all of these things are in fact pleasing to the eye. Why? No clue.

• I think most of those are traits girls acknowledge and admire whereas guys simply see a girl as attractive or not so attractive

Those things certainly don't make a girl beautiful. There's much more to beauty such as symmetrical features than having dimples or contrasting eyes/hair. That said, the only 2 I've ever heard guys comment on are the contrasting hair(think Megan Fox) and dimples. No one willingly chooses jacked up teeth and the beauty mark has been admired by women for centuries.

I personally love beauty marks and freckles(gingers ftw) but, a girl not having them doesn't make a girl unattractive and a girl having them doesn't make a girl attractive

• I think "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." Some people aren't going to find those things listed attractive at all.

• I agreed w others. It is preference and we can't forget personality. It makes a person somuch prettier.

• i think its probably true :)

• I agree on you having a long lashes makes a woman be beautiful.

• I do not agree at all. Some of those are actually unattractive in my opinion