First day of work at a farm, what do I wear?

OK tomorrow will be my first day at a job at a farm/orchard what do I wear? I am pretty sure I start tomorrow.

Most Helpful Girl

• Old t-shirt and old pants/shorts that you don't care about getting disgisting and ripped. Boots, hat, sunglasses, and maybe sunscreen...u might need that. And waterrrrr, always be careful working in the sun for long periods of time, heat exhaustion, etc is dangerous. Good luck! Maybe you'll fall in love with the farmer's daughter! :) link

I love that song lol one of my favs, so cute.

What Girls Said 6

• Really depends on what kind of farm. Obviously clothes that you don't care about. NO SNEAKERS. wear boots (not rainboots though), that can get covered with mud but have enough support for running/ fast walking. There is a reason that farmers wore overalls, but if that's not "you" or you don't have any, that's totally fine. If its going to be hot, wear something light (as it will be a LOT of physical work). wear a plain shirt and a hat doesn't hurt. Loose and comfy old jeans are good, and a plain shirt will be fine (I think). Again, know what kind of work you are doing and how dirty you are going to get.

• I used to work at a horseback riding stable and did a lot of manual labor outside. I always wore jeans, boots, a long sleeve shirt, and baseball cap. You don't want to be out in the sun all day exposed, so even if it's just a thin button up shirt over a tee/tank or something it's good to stay covered. Have sunblock on as well, and work gloves if you got them.

• overalls and boots and a plaid shirt and the wheat grass stickin out your mouth with an old raggedy cowboy hat! :D

• cropped pants, or wear any old pants and roll them up, and wear an old t-shirt.

you could go topless, if you wanted to.

• Overalls and boots :3

Or just jeans and a t shirt and sneaker things.

• i am sure they told you when you got hired?

• yea I start tomorrow at 12 pm

What Guys Said 2

• Clothes...

If you're going to be working with your hands, bring work gloves or you'll be sorry.

• Overalls and boots