Are guys really attracted to vanilla??

my favorite smell is vanilla (and others) I wear almost everyday... anyways

i was wearing vanilla at the club on Friday and the guy I was dancing with was like uhhhh you smell so good, , this isn't the first time this has happened... so is it true are guys attracted to vanilla?

Most Helpful Guy

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell and taste of vanilla...couple that with a beautiful woman and you've got something magical there :)

That said, any nice scented perfume smells good on a woman, difficult to single out one. As animals, we tend to like natural scents (unless you're WeaponZero lol) but our sense of smell is still widely misunderstood and its effects on us in terms of attraction are extremely complex.

• nice to know... are you referring yourself to an animal?

• Wasn't joking.

• so you really like those smells?

What Guys Said 11

• permanent marker and gasoline, here.

• That's a good one :-)

• Absolutely not.

• Attracted? No... Does it smell clean and is it light at the same time? Yes. Vanilla is a sent that is pleasing to the senses but not over powering. Guys like that the girl they like smells clean without it being too much.

• well vanilla smells wonderful...

so their not attracted they just like the smell?

• If I'm attracted to a girl already, then the fact that she smell good/clean is a bonus. =P It could just be the shampoo in her hair or a light sent like vanilla or citrus so long as it's mild.

• ahh okay cool ... I get what you mean now thanks ^_^

• I wonder where that comes from. Especially artificial vanilla smell gives me migraine.. real turnoff. Can't tell for a high grade perfume..

• i have sensitive skin so I can only wear natural things ... what do you think about natural vanilla spray... actually its a solid not a spray.

• Not that I'm consciously aware of.

• and if you were what would you say... like I mean is there like a particular smell that you love like one guy on here said he likes cucumber?

• Mmmmm, I love that smell! Makes me want cookies...

• i really like the smell

• Depends on the guy, really. I like Vanilla for some reason but others may not.

• I like the smell of vanilla more, but I still prefer vagina overall.

• Most guys like sweet smells as long as they're not over powering... and vanilla is tasty.

What Girls Said 4

• There have been studies on that and apparently a lot of American men indeed like the smell of vanilla on a girl. It's thought the men associate the smell with home and comfort and thus are more drawn to it.

Apparently grapefruit makes you seem 5 years younger

• hhahaaa that's funny about grapefruit but I live in germany... and haven't been to America for some years so I usually get hit on by germans or English guy ^_^

the guy last Friday was English ^_^

• lol I love the smell or grapefruit, which led me to buy and wear the body butter from the body shop. unfortunately when I asked my friends what they thought of it they said it just made them think of BO, so unfortunately my search continues for a sweeter grapefruit scented perfume :( :P

• Can't say for sure but from experience I'd say yes. The perfume I've been wearing since I was I think 15 or so is Britney Spears' 'Fantasy', which has a sweet vanilla scent and I've gotten way too many compliments from guys on it.

• I have that one too great minds think a like ^_^... Too bad though I only used it once and I broke out so bad :(

• I would say that's true! I love the smell of vanilla aswell!:) I've been looking for a good vanilla scent for a while, what one do you wear?:)

• i actually wear a solid not a liquid I get it from lush I don't know if lush is in America .. because there everything is natural and I have very sensitive skin... but one you can also try is vanilla fields its yummy

• I don't live in America anyway, thanks this helpes because I have sensitive skin aswell:)

• super .. then you also are having lush they have so many nice smell there one I also love is breath of god its so yummy :)

• yea, I read that in a teen magazine once. I don't really believe in that stuff.

guys are attracted to attractive women.