Help me out here, Do I look old?

I would put this in the reality check thing, but there really isn't an option for this.

I continually get mistaken for being older, sometimes old enough to have kids. People have made this mistake with me even when I am not wearing makeup.

link

link

link

This is me with long hair, as a comparison. I don't think it suits me as well as short hair.

link
I do thank you guys for the lovely complements, I love my short hair, and I love my long hair, but its just not worth getting continually asked if I have children, etc. Its like , either have to shave the sides of my head or grow it out, so I'm just gonna grow it out.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the short hair looks hotter.

Yeah, you probably look mid-late 20's.

I would guess you will look about the same for the next 10-15 years. I'm sure right now that feels like suck but I think you're not going to change much. Girls who look young and cute sometimes fall apart faster, you look more like a sexy woman.

• I would be stoked to look the same for the next 15 years! Ill be sure to take extra good care of my skin.

What Guys Said 16

• Maybe you just have a more mature air about you. Mature as in experienced, not mature as in 40. Congrats, people think you're an adult! Without using the age your provided I'm going to guess you're 24-25. You don't look like you're in college, but you don't look like work has beaten you down. Don't take getting asked if you have kids as an referendum on your age. I get asked if I have kids, but that's because the people that ask are old and have kids and children are all they know what to talk about.

Anyway, in answer to your question, Marry me? No? Whatever, you're an old lady anyway.

• I would probably put you somewhere right in the rage of what your profile says. Prob mid 20's. It may have something to do with your clothes or how you carry yourself, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I much rather have a girl act and dress like she is 30 than act and dress like she is 16.

• @update. Actually looks younger.

• If I just met you, I would say mid to late 20's.

• Well technically you are old enough to have a kid, lol. The pic with long hair is way better in my opinion. You definitely look younger in it.

• Well, you definitely do look older than it shows in your age range, I'd give you over 30 from the first three pictures.

...by the way - long hair look 100 times better to you than short hair.. and they actually make you look way younger! ..consider it

• I can see why people mistake you for being older. I think you have a more mature look. How old are you? If I saw you in public one day I would have thought you would be around mid to late 20's or so. You don't look old, but you look older and more mature than someone between the ages of 18-24.

• no I think your beautiful...maybe you wear a bit to much make up for my taste...but your beautiful.

• I agree with the user who says you look older with short hair versus long hair

I think you look great in either but if I had to pick I would pick the longer hair.

• I'd say you were 23. I don't really know how old you are though.

• ok well you're between 18 and 24 it says, I guess you do, your features and your hair make you look like you're about 27. its not a bad look tho.

• you look way sexy with long hair

• lol I came back and thought that you had said what I actually said and was like, "wtf? why is she hitting on me?" lolol

not that I'd mind it, just would have been hella random haha.

but yeah, looks better long.

• I think the short hair makes you look more mature, but you look great in all those photos.

• K now you look 17 or 18 no joke the hair says it all

• "Old" is a relative term. You look 22-23.

• I'd say like 22 or 23 but not that old

• You do look older then your age, late 20's. What do you normally wear?

• It just depends on my mood, but it always shows off my shape, never anything frumpy.

• You do look a lot younger with long hair. Out of curiosity when is that pic from?

• 1.5 years ago.

What Girls Said 19

• I don't think its your hair that's making you look older to people, it might be your brows. They are very high (and cute!) but people unconsciously relate very angular and high brows with older people and rounder, thicker brows for younger people. maybe if you didn't emphasize the arch as much it might help you a bit .

I used to work at the Benefit Brow Bar so I know plenty about eyebrows and age... although I ironically don't wax my brows o_o mine are pretty thin so I just leave them and pluck the occasional random one lol. Try and grow them a little thicker and see what its like :)

• it means a lot when someone who does eyebrows says they like your eyebrows! hah, and I do them muhself!

I've had them a bit thicker before, not too much thicker. I had a bit of a round face and I've always felt like a strong (maybe not super strong) brough out some contour in my face, then again I know nothing about brow shaping. You're the expert :)

• I thought I recognized who you were from the pics but I didn't wanna be the bitch to spoil it

To be honest, I think you look gorgeous either way. Short hair and long hair suit you, although I do think you tend to look more teenagerish college studentish with long hair, where as the shorter hair gives you more of a mature look.

I think you look anywhere from 21-25 with short hair and 19-23 with the long hair

• Thanks for that! I just figured, even anonymous it says 18-24, so it doesn't help any more to just go anon, plus enough people have answered my question.

• I thought I recognized her from her username being in the link paths.

• Well you are 18-24, so you are old enough to have kids.

Anyway, you look 23-26.

• And I agree the short hair makes you look a bit older.

• Older kids? wow, you don't look old just a little more mature. Do what makes you happy and change your hair if you feel uncomfortable with the comments.

• I do get uncomfortable with the comments, so I'll just grow it to above my collar bone. My hair was a pain in the ass when it was super long.

• The most important thing is you are pretty

• With long hair you look younger, with short hair you look older!

• I THINK YOU LOOK AWESOME WITH SHORT HAIR! (and younger)

• It's the short hair that's making you seem older, I think in the picture with long hair you look about 23 to 24 which I'm assuming is your actual age?

I agree about the eyebrows; try giving them a rounder, softer shape and see if that makes any difference.

• maybe its because you look mature. not old - you don't have wrinkles and your skin looks fine. you look really mature to me. you have probably enough of hormones. and also your hair gives you this look. this hair cut is popular for many mothers. don't take it as offence, its just advice. hair can add years. but don't be sad, it is something that can be changed easily. good luck :)

• I've had long hair before and it didn't look as good as short, even all my friends say they can no longer see me with long hair. :)

• I don't think its only about how long they are. also the color and styling. but proffesional can tell you better :)

• I get that a lot too, but you look 21 or 22. There's something about you though that makes you seem like you're 28-30. You don't look old, you just have something about you. You look mature I guess. I don't know if this made much sense. lol

• It did make sense. I do tend to carry myself older and maybe that shines through.

• and I like your long hair too, but I also like you're short hair.

• Honestly you do look older. You look like an accomplished woman with kids maybe in your early 30s ...your still look great regardless of age.

• Maybe its the short hair. People cut their hair in their time of being hard working adult. But you don't look old girl imo,ur cute

• I used to have super long hair, I look good with both, but it's funny, all my friends tell me that they can't imagine me with long hair anymore hahhaha!. Thank you :)

• Dont get me wrong, it looks super cute this way. Just don't worry what others say, be confident and enjoy your youth and live a full life. I willt ry to do the same haha

• Lol I wasn't offended I promise! I'm just curious about the age thing, because I had SO many people wish me a happy mother's day, been asked many times if I have kids, etc, and I'm just wondering, ummmmm wtf?

• You do look older but not in a bad way, like you're not wrinkly you just look mature

• WOW...long hair makes you look so young like 23 or something...you look very pretty with it

• You look older than 18-24. Grow your hair out longer and stop caking on the makeup.

• You look mid to late twenties with short hair. I think it is fierce but you look WAY younger with long hair. You are very pretty and have beautiful eyes but you look GORGEOUS with long hair. I would put you early twenties to teens with long hair.

• Not old but like 26 years old.

• You look your age.

• You do look kind of older, I would say late 20's.

• Old enough to have kids yes but you don't look old as in a bad old.

• Psh you look great with both. ;) You actually look younger with longer hair, also look kind of innocent.

• Im also really short, like 5'1. The long hair drug me down a lot.

• Ohh ic! Good observation then.