Why does my weight keep rising but my body is still the same?

I used to weigh 125 but now the scale reads 140.I cheered and had practices about 3 to 4 times a week. Since the season ended 3 months ago I haven't been worrying out as much of course. I eat exactly the same. I don't over eat or anything like that. All my clothes still fit and I don't look any bigger at all. Sometimes I take my dog on long walks and sometimes I run for about 20min. I don't have money to pay for a gym membership and my family doesn't have any exercise equipment in the house. I don't understand how an 18 year old can gain almost 20 pounds in 3 months and nothing about my body has changed I'm the exact same size. Any explanations and how can I fix this without going on some killer workout plan?

Most Helpful Guy

• From your activity level, it's probably because you've taken the time off for your muscles to develop. If you're constantly exercising (cheer 4 times a week is pretty heavy exercise, unless you're JV. Sorry about that) and walking and all that you're not going to build muscle because your body won't have the energy to. Now that you've stopped for a bit your body can build up. 15 lbs isn't much, at your activity level you probably had little water weight.

Congrats, you're in shape. Go to the carnival barker that tries to guess your weight and win some stuffed animals.

What Guys Said 3

• If nothing has changed, then you may have added muscle.

• the only thing I can think of is your fat is being replaced with muscle which weighs more but you don't notice because your body is the same size. don't worry its a good thing

• You added muscle and lost fat. Muscle is quite heavy.

What Girls Said 1

• Are you on any medications? Things like birth control and antidepressants can maaaaajorly have an affect on weight gain, but otherwise, like everyone else has said its muscle, and the weight of fat the size of a grapefruit is equal to the same weight in muscle the size of a tangerine :)