Plaid vs plain button downs?

girls do you prefer plaid button down shirts or plain oxford shirts (from polo ralph lauren) on guys.

also could you show pictures of some shirts you like on guys. thanks

PS I'm 5'8 and 20 years old if that helps

Most Helpful Girl

• Both plaid and oxford are o.k: the trick is knowing your body type and your fit. For example, you can't go wrong with a plain oxford shirt because it's considered an 'essential' item because it's basic and goes with any article of clothing.

As far as plaid shirts go, I would say watch the brand for quality and style. For example, at places like PacSun and Zumiez, the plaid shirt variety includes some really gaudy colors and plaid patterns that might really put you off (to be honest the Buffalo Plaid is THE worst in my opinion)...

personally as far as plaid is concerned, I think the styles found at places like Abercrombie, Hollister and maybe even J.Crew are clean, cut and stylish, as well as classic and you cannot go wrong with them(:

What Girls Said 9

• I like both, but mostly plain ones. My boyfriend has a couple of plaid ones that I like though.

• Button down plain are better since they can go with multiple outfits plaid shirts dont

• i say plain because not every guy can pull off plaid

• PLAID! :D country boys <3 even though that's not always the case that's just what comes to mind lol

• I prefer plain.. But that's just me haha

• Plain button downs definently! They say, "hey I'm young and fun yet have class and sophistication."

• I like button downs they're esyier to take off.

• I like plaid esp left open with a white tee under

• I like both. Variety is always nice. Wear plaid one day and a plain polo the next day.

I really like billabong and quicksliver button down shirts. I think they are nice and make a guy look really fresh and cleaned up. I live near the beach, though, so its what many guys around here wear whenthey go out.

What Guys Said 0