If your lover's face was horribly disfigured in an accident, could you still be with them?

Answer honestly now. could you honestly say you could still be with the person you love if their face was horrible disfigured in an accident?

Most Helpful Girl

• Alright, to be fair, I don't know. Because in all honesty I've never been in that situation. And often times when push comes to shove and a person actually finds themselves in that situation, what we believe of ourselves to be true often isn't. In such a drastic scenario, many people think themselves capable of much more than they actually are, and they overestimate the capacity of how they would actually deal with/react given the reality of actually being in a circumstance like that in real life.

So, that being said, I'd truly like to *believe* I could still be with my partner, even if his face was horribly disfigured. Given that I'd be in love with them in this hypothetical, I'd again hope that for me the strength of the bond between us overpowers any disability - whether that be physical or psychological.

However, I do say with some experience - not much, but some - in this subject that I really do think that I'd still be with them. My brother was in an accident and burned a couple of years ago. Albeit his face wasn't affected, a third of his body was. He also has scar(s) on one of his legs because of the skin graft they had to do. Anyhow, the first time I saw him in the hospital, he looked horrible no doubt, but he just looked like my brother to me. Now, years later, burns healed up but scarred forever, I think he looks fantastic. Not the same of course, but just... "him" really, if that makes sense. I love him so much, and I see him no differently because of his burns.

So I have a lot of faith in saying that no, I don't think a partner's disfigured face would affect me much. If the genuine love is there, that's what really counts. The way I look at it is: nobody looks perfect to begin with and nobody looks perfect in the end, but the love doesn't change :]

What Girls Said 12

• Yes because you are in love with the person and not the face. Also I was in a bad accident quite a while back and thankfully had an excellent surgeon but I still felt like a freak even though there is no noticable damage now that the scars are fading. Its a rough thing to deal with and not something to make a huge decision on just based on the after effects.

• Yes. Love is unconditional. I would stay with the person I love if tht happened to them.

• Definitely... If I loved them before I would still love who they were on the inside after.

• How horribly disfigured are we talking?

• Really bad. almost beyond recognition

• I fear I would stay with him due to a feeling of obligation. What if the experience changed him? Made him bitter, a different person. That is highly possible. Tough question. If it was early on in a relationship and I wasn't completely invested there is little chance, and that isn't being shallow but knowing when you can't handle a situation.

• No, I don't think so. I mean let's be realistic here... a relationship isn't just about compatible personalities it's also about physical attraction.

• hell yes I love everything about him not just his looks.

• Yes, I still would be if I was in love with him or her :D

• Of course. If he's face, body and everything is crashed, I'd stay with him and help him get better.

• Possibly not because how it affects them mentally may turn them into a person I can't handle.

• I love my boyfriend to death. I would stay with him for sure. He has an amazing hair and is one the things I'm most attracted..He developed Alopecia so he started getting patches of missing hair all over his head. He had to shave his head bald, and was a bit depressed because he had constantly shave for the patches not to show. He thought he looked ugly but honestly to me he was just as beautiful. That went on for a year and half, now his hair is back...If you love that person you would stick around.

• Well you don't love her/him for the looks right, You love them for their personalities and yes I would still love them..

• Yeah of course I will be with him if we both love each other truly, and anyway if he was good looking before the accident his genes will pass to the kids even if his face disfigured later.

What Guys Said 8

• It would only make my love and support for them that much stronger, because they would definitely need it.

• Yes, no doubt possible.

• Yeah.

• Of course, that's no reason to leave someone.

• Of course.

• Yes

• i can't be with someone I don't find attractive.

• If I loved her before it happened I would stay by her side always.