Why would my boyfriend tell me his friend thinks I'm fat?

So my boyfriend told me that one of his friends noticed his relationship change and clicked on me and she sent him a text saying "I never thought you'd date a fat chick" he then goes on tell me how he told her off and she's just jealous because she likes him. I know in not fat because she likes him. I know in not fat(115lbs) but I'm kinda bothered...

Most Helpful Guy

• In all honesty I believe its his way of controlling you. If his friend really sent that then he should have told him to "f*** off" and never said a word to you. But he did tell you. From your picture you are very attractive and you say you are only 115lbs. The only reason this was said to you was to knock you down a peg. A guy who truly cares about how you feel wouldn't say this. A guy who is scared you might leave him for another guy would.

What Guys Said 12

• Do you know the person who actually said it? Your boyfriend might have made her up to make you lose weight and or to make him sound like a hot stud with women hanging on his sleeves. Seriously you have no idea what kinda stuff people come up with there are whole books written on this stuff. On the other hand if he told you who the girl is, then make sure to tell her off your self, bitches be bitches .

• This is kind of what I was thinking. Hopefully the readers think you said it better than me :)

• prob some sort of weird neg backhanded compliment he was trying to pull , I assume you don't have body image issue nor are you fat obviously but he gets to come off as defending your honor and he makes it seem like he has bitches trying to get all up on his d***, so he creates allure for himself in the hopes of becoming a permanent fixture in your life ; so he kills two birds with one stone if that's what he's going for

or you know it was just like an incredulous thing where he's like wow this girl called you fat she's crazy, I tell my friends when people say or do stupid stuff cause I find it funny

• I don't know. He may not be sure what he's supposed to tell you (because he's not keeping secrets) vs. not tell you (because you don't need to hear it).

Anyway, haters gonna hate, etc.

She's probably just bitter.

• Petty jealously and nothing more. I really don't think it was wise or necessary for your boyfriend to bring it up at all. If he did so to prey on your insecurities that is a very bad sign.

• rofl she's hurting and she's not his friend, just ignore it. your not fat.

• Women are more attracted to men that are wanted by attractive women.

If you understand that an attractive woman (other than yourself) wants him, it can make you more attracted to him.

• As a side note, this partially would explain why she called you fat.

If you're not seen as an attractive person in her eyes, she'll want him less.

• hot

• You look pretty good to me...

• Maybe to get a reaction from you

• Just telling you for no reason or he's trying to get you to lose weight.

• Eh...Im not sure why he did either haha, he could of kept that one to himself.

• He feels that honesty is the best policy..he wants to share EVERYTHING

What Girls Said 13

• I think maybe he was trying to be honest and show you that he's defending you as well as show you he's not hiding anything (admitting she likes him, that he told her off, that he's not interested), etc. It was an unnecessary way to do it, and immature, but that's what I think he meant by it.

• He didn't call you fat did he? His friend did?

Sounds like she was being a bitch, you're not fat. She's being a jealous cow.

• I am 122 lbs and no one ever call me fat though.Are you sure she told your boyfriend that or your boyfriend was the one who want you to lose weight? You aren't fat !

• You're not fat. I had a few exs with friends that said crap like that but they were pretty skanky and didn't stand a chance with the guys so they down graded me because they suck. Honestly, he shouldn't have even told you if it was important and you didn't really need to know.

• I think he was trying to be honest with you. I really don't think he was trying to make you feel bad. People get jealous. lmao. Someone once told me my fiance was at a party trying to get with a bunch of chicks one night.. when he was actually with me in bed watching movies. A total lie to try to get me to hate the one I love. I told him about it because I just thought, "Wow babe look at this really insecure guy trying to turn me against you? That would never happen." LOL people are so dumb.

• lol she seriously is jealous...ive never heard anything more direct in such an immature way. if anything she made herself look horrible to clearly you but him who she likes but now she looks so insecure and mean and no guys likes that

• I know for a fact that when people get jealous, they often try to make up something they think is negative about the other person to make themselves feel better. Even if you were "fat" she still has no business telling him who he should and shouldn't date.

• If the friend is a girl completely disregard the comment because girls are jealous of their male friends and their go to insult is "you are fat" clearly you aren't fat, I don't know why he told you maybe he didn't want you to think there was something going on with the friend?

• you are clearly not fat..he is a thoughtless a-hole for even mentioning it to youare you sure he isn't playing with your head? he may have some insecurity, I would be careful of him

• Drop him... He's gonna dump you soon

• You are so not fat at all! I would be bothered too if somebody said that about me but bitches will be bitches. Remember in junior high when the hot guy you had a crush on had a girlfriend already and everybody who liked him called his girlfriend ugly...umm yup same example here. She's jealous that she can't have him and probably jealous that you look better than she does.

• hes jealous that your boyfriend has a hot girl :)

hes a d***

hes immature

• :/ yikes. Sorry about this happening to you.

Maybe he thinks you are deep down but he doesn't want to say it so he's saying that his firned thinks it instead?