Is being 145 lbs at 5 foot 7 a healthy weight?

I run high level track and field, but for some reason I'm not losing weight. I was 125 before I started running, but ever since I started I had grown taller and gained muscle. Is there any way I can lose a little more weight?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should get your body fat percentage checked. Its not necessarily about your weight as much as it is about your body fat percentage. If it is in the fit range or healthy range then you are just fine.

If you want to lose more weight, you are going to need to look at your diet and what you can cut out. Cut out portion sizes as well as junk food/soda etc if you eat them. Try a 1500 calorie per day diet. Try adding in some strength training too- weights and resistance. You don't really want to lose weight as much as you want to lose fat and gain muscle.

• Thanks for BA. Happy (Healthy) Training!

• thank you! I'll try that 1500 calorie diet and workout with weights from now on :)

• Don't be afraid to up it by another 100 if you find you don't get enough to eat, you'll have to figure out your BMR, which is easy, tons of calculators out there to do it for you. In general, you don't want to dip below your BMR and never go below 1200

What Guys Said 3

• Given that you are an athlete, your height and weight are fine. You can use an online BMI calculator, but my guess is you're at a healthy weight.

• dont worry about your weight, if you are doing track and field you must be in great shape. Normally you should only worry about your body fat %, weight doesn't mean much.

• You are very healthy. That muscle is packed on for performance and you need it.

I've seen a lot of girls stop playing soccer/running track & field then their legs "shrink back to their ideal" and it makes me sad because it's not quite as sexy.

What Girls Said 2

• Muscle actually weighs more than fat so you are fine. And according to your BMI 145 lbs is normal and healthy for your height.

• really? great :) thanks!

• keep in mind you can't really calculate someone elses BMI since those calculators are only meant for average people with low-average muscle mass. Muscles can be confused as fat while calculating BMI :S

• Yes but she has stated she runs track and has gained more muscle, therefore that explains the weight gain. So she is healthy and not overweight

• You are probably gaining leg muscle from track adn muscle is heavier than fat.