What is it about a guy in a suit that turns a girl on?

Girls are always saying guys in suit looks sexy. What exactly about the suit turns girls on? Is the neatness and tidiness (smartness) of the uniform? Or is it what the suit represents (i.e. the guy has money, he has status, he has a good job, he's smart)?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some may view it as a status symbol. I think it's okay for women to want a guy who is successful money-wise, but it should not be the greatest factor in choosing a partner. Things like this go back to evolution - the one with the best genes or greatest likeliness to survive (which could be suggested through financial stability) are the ones that mothers would most likely choose to have offspring with. This might apply to me deep down to a point, but I think the main thing about a suit that would turn me on is that it's a very manly type of clothing item since women typically don't wear suits, and since I'm attracted to men - that's why it would be a turn-on.

What Girls Said 13

• I just think a guy looks very handsome all dressed up and since people don't always dress up, it's

nice to see how nice they clean up. Does that make sense?

• I don't really go gaga over it but guys in suits tend to look really clean and that's attractive, haha. I'm sure for some girls it's about what the suit represents, but I'm not really into that scene anyway.

• I like seeing a guy with a good body in jeans and shirt just as much as in suit. And if a guy isn't attractive he won't be in any suit either. But suit makes you look more neat, educated and classy, which are both attractive traits.

Maybe it's just me, but to men suits also appear more reliable and resposonsible. And lastly a good fitting suit flatters the male bodyshape

• I love the "put together" look. A man wearing suit looks like they're doing something with themselves. Shows those masculine qualities. They look well-educated. A lot of guys can look attractive in jeans and a t-shirt, but a man in a suit is an instant turn-on :)

• It makes any guy look more trim, it enhances a manly shape (broad shoulders), nice suite tend to be quite pricey so it usually means he is doing well financially and has an office job and overall he look neat and put together also guys in suits tend to walk more confidently and seem more confident. So it is both how the suit makes the guy look and what is can represent.

• I think because its a dark color

• I'm not really turned on by guys in suits. I like them with a hard hat on, some gloves, work boots, a t-shirt and jeans on. Even better is without the t-shirt and jeans. Just the hard hat, gloves and work boots.

• without the shirt and jeans he might as well have no clothes on lol ;p

• Well yeah. But that only goes on at my house. My boyfriend is an electrician. So when he's at work he has the t-shirt and jeans on.

• i guess for the same reason a guy likes to see a woman in a nice dress

guys look sexy dressed up too

• It's what the suit represents.

• He has a job..a well respected, good paying job. Women are attracted to money

• I as asking the answerer..but, OK

• Nope, I probably won't be seeing that movie :P

• Prbably because it loooks clean cut uniform and put together

• He stands out more because its for special ocassions so he looks important

• If a guy has a good muscle body I prefer to see him in a simple Tshirt and jeans not a suit

• its the good guy image. A man in a suit is appealing because he looks like a mature adult who won't break your heart, he looks successful, educated and ready for a committed relationship. Of course that's not always true but these are just first perceptions in general

What Guys Said 3

• Ditto what the anonymous guy said. I like just being in a T-shirt and jeans or shorts, but suits are just plain awesome.

• A) status

B) emphasizes V shape and height, if it fits properly, which many don't.

• does it emphasise lack of height too?

• If you've got the money you can offset that to some extent. The duke of Windsor had somewhat distinctive cuts that were often designed to make him loo taller then he actually was.

• A good suit makes me look awesome.

True story.