Is beauty really subjective?

Is beauty really subjective?

look at the first picture and then the second two. and then answer.

link

link

link

Do the 2nd two pictures turn you on?

Do you honestly think ANYONE would take the 2nd to over the first one?

Which one would you think men would choose to have sex with and have a relationship with. the first one or the 2nd two?

People can find beauty in everything. Look up symmetry and the golden ratio. These are things found in inanimate objects. And even in people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Damn - I was eating while browsing those pics! If I would be on a diet I would thank you about this but not now...

..anyway, to be really serious (tho I already was) the truth is that beauty is not subjective, people say otherwise only to cling on whatever hope they can if they themselves are not lucky in looks department, same like "beauty lies in the eye of beholder" - it's all complete crap, but it's not PC to say so.

• To a certain extent beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. My friend can look at a guy and say omg he's gorgeous and I look at him and think, eh, he's OK at best. What is beautiful to one may not be beautiful to another.

• I can say from my own personal experiences it is subjective. by the way hope you weren't eating steak :D

• Nope, luckily it wasn't steak.. or actually, anything of that matter for a while.

What Guys Said 10

• ?

What kind of issues are you dealing with.

This sesame street, we playing one of these things does not belong?

• WTF? Umm your 2nd two links are gross, and disgusting, very obvious troll.

• People can find beauty in everything. Look up symmetry and the golden ratio. These are things found in inanimate objects. And even in people.

• Your "facts" may be true, but the percentage of people who actually fall in love with an object instead of another person, is low, very low, too how many people there are in existence. Maybe if you had presented a more realistic object, then this question would have been taken more seriously, but I don't think anyone has EVER fallen in love, with an open wound.

• "Maybe if you had presented a more realistic object, then this question would have been taken more seriously, but I don't think anyone has EVER fallen in love, with an open wound."

I chose my pictures very carefully to make it obvious. Of course I don't think so either, and that's the whole point.

Shes still wrong though people still fall in love with objects, like a fence. Personally I think falling in love with a fence is still crazy. They are both crazy.

• Tbh beauty is not the same as sexual atraction I find nature very beautifull but that won't cause me to try hump a mountain side or a lake -.-

So yeah you're question is invalid if beauty is subjective (not saying that it is but if it would be) then that still doenst mean anyone can be turned on by anything.

• beauty isn't the same as sexual attraction. I'd honestly prefer to be with someone who isn't hot, but has a great personality than some chick who is hot as hell but is a total witch

• I agree

• sorry but that guy explained it better

still I agree.

• Dang ! I was planning to have strawberry banana smoothie in a while. Yuck !

• you have no taste in meat

• i only like the first pick lol

• You can have perfect symmetry but if on half is ugly the whole thing with still be twice as ugly.

I usually look at beauty as the lack of an obvious flaw that takes away enjoyment of what you;re looking at. a picture of rolling hills with green grass and flowers can completely be considered beautiful... a pollen sufferer would disagree because all they see is stuff they're allergic to. The busty model in the first image may be traditionally "hot" but there are guys who prefer smaller breasts and would consider her less attractive.

Subjective pretty much means it's in the eye of the beholder.

• "You can have perfect symmetry but if on half is ugly the whole thing with still be twice as ugly.""

This is flawed logic. Its like saying because a black and white cookie is half white and you don't like white chocolate therefore it turns the black chocolate into white chocolate.

If a determiner of beauty is symmetry (and its one of many) having something standing next to it does not change symmetry to not be one of those determiners.

• "The simplest type of Symmetry is "Reflection" (or "Mirror") Symmetry, as shown in this picture of my dog Flame. "

link

If you can't see that a black and white cookie is both half white and half black and that it "reflects"... well then I'm sorry you're stupid,.

• And please don't come back with because one half is a different color that makes it not symmetrical.

That would be really stupid.

Considering it has to do with shapes and not colors.

• sexual attraction is subjective, beauty isn't.

• I'm not sure what your point is. Beauty may or may not be subjective, but how are you supposed to learn that from this test? Sure men would prefer to have sex with Bar Rafaeli over a dead maggot and and open wound. Does that really surprise you? I think your problem here is that beauty in this sense is based on category.

• "Sure men would prefer to have sex with Bar Rafaeli over a dead maggot and and open wound."-Evidence that beauty is objective.

What Girls Said 6

• Troll. Go back under your bridge.

• Haha what? The second two aren't people, so no, they wouldn't turn me on.

• actually,there are people who are turned on by blood so I'm guessing that there are people who would take the other 2

• im sure you're joking. Over the first one?

• i'm sure there are people like that,there are people who like to have sex with armpits,so anything is possible

• I actually like link 2 and 3 The first link... the girls face creeps me out.

• is link 2 a fish lol and 3 a uterus? It looks like one of those birth control things

• no I didn't lol. I'm still not sure exactly what it is though ;p

• lol cause I totally wanted to see more of that stuff ;p

• What the heck is those pictures?

• Well duh idiot lol, this question is completely biased. You didn't even give the other two links a face. If someone picks a hairy, ugly man and a pile of roadkill, I'm choosing the hairy, ugly man! Just because the roadkill is disgusting.

• Disgusting is often a word people use to say some person is ugly.

• ...okay? that is irrelevant.