Are looks really the main factor?

Anyone that has seen dating in the dark would agree that the majority of rejections that occurred was from women after seeing the guy in the light. I would even say that women have higher standards for looks then men. Many of the guys still went for the girls even if they weren't perfect. I've seen average looking women walk away from guys in their league saying they weren't good looking enough after getting along with them great and the girls are almost horrified that they kissed them almost every time. I reckon women need to get real, what do they expect? God damn price charming to swipe them off their feet? They do. Pretty much everything on this site that is said by women is bs. Which explains why reality is the way it is. If a chick says they don't care about looks they are lieing through their teeth. They probably rejected 100s f average looking guys.I'm not saying its just women but men also judge on looks, but are nowhere as picky as women.

Most Helpful Girl

• Inner beauty doesn't get you laid.

• LOL, well. If a woman is attractive and has a crappy personality, she will probably still find a guy who lays her because we have low standards, sometimes our own hand will do.

• ya but ugly people have sex too

What Girls Said 8

• "Are looks really the main factor?"

"If a chick says they don't care about looks they are lieing through their teeth."

If you've already made up your mind, why ask the question?

• Looks are first BUT... They're so subjective that they're almost irrelevant in the grand scheme. Who you find and who finds you attractive can be anyone, its just that "something" that brings people in. So yes people care about looks but there's no one common standard of beauty actually, as long as someone takes care of themselves then they're good to go.

• It all starts with looks. Your personality and sense of character isn't going to get my attention.

Personality and the character only is the cement of physical attraction.

No one is going to look at you from afar and admire your personality. Unless, they already gotten to know you.

Most girls don't expect price charming but they want someone who they are initially attracted too.

- I mean, if the person isn't attracted as first glance but after getting to know them personally, they can become more attracted in your eyes.

• Well, personally, I fall in love with a persons personality. If they have a nice enough personality, I end up finding them attractive because of their minds.

The only thing I honestly care about men look wise is how they present themselves. Don't like guys who dress like slobs.

• ya its difficult these days for a guy to find a decent girl, because girls are very picky when it comes to how a guy looks...I wouldn't date an ugly guy unless he had a heart of gold a.k.,a good personality

• ya a cute face does catch my attention, but if you have a heart of gold you have won me :)

in the long run personality is what really counts I think...

• Looks aren't the main factor, but they're still a factor to be taken into consideration.

• lmao, that first line was so dramatic!

A woman is going to have to be attracted to you in order to pursue anything romantic. Point blank. Women need to get real or YOU need to get real and take care of your physical appearance? Women have too high of standards or YOUR STANDARDS IN YOURSELF are too low?

Stop saying that women are all alike. When you come here generalizing, that just makes you look like you're whining and bitching about women in general and I garantee you will miss a lot of great answers doing that because no one wants to sit around and listen to that sh*t.

• Oh yeh, is whining recounting what I've seen? Didn't know that! Women ARE all alike, the majority of women just want a pretty boy to fill up their holes. And then later cry about how they were used for sex.

• I say it to girls all the time in real life, and their boyfriends there too, and he agrees.

It's the most satisfying thing.

• arashmenalagha, f*** off.

What Guys Said 11

• it does matter at first because who wants to be with someone who they aren't attracted to?

Everyone has something different they are attracted to

When you start to really know someone, all his physical characteristics start to disappear. You begin to dwell in his energy, recognize the scent of his skin. You see only the essence of the person, not the shell. That’s why you can’t fall in love with beauty. You can lust after it, be infatuated by it, want to own it. You can love it with your eyes and body but not your heart. And that’s why, when you really connect with a person’s inner self, any physical imperfections disappear, become irrelevant.

- Lisa Unger

There is no need to take your anger out on these girls because of what happened in your personal life.

• MEH 95% of these girls on gag are kinda stupid anyway. not including women over 30 and girls under 18.

• maybe yes but only during high school days and not so serious relation ship seasons...but wen a girl makes an important decision for her life like marriage looks are not the main factor instead factors like bank balance,success,sense of humour,emotional stability plays a vital role

• i would say they do

• yes I believe they do

• sure they are

• This is absolutely true...

• yup, just like for us

• Looks are important to me, but I'd still go out with a girl even if she wasn't super hot.

• Yes, looks is the main factor.

You finally have figured out the reality, now embrace it.

• Looks matter. If they're not attracted to you, your personality won't even come under consideration. Get out there and find someone who thinks you're attractive enough. Yes personality matters too, but that's only after the initial attraction.

• EH, I don't think that is the main factor. Confidence can change a woman's "perspective" on how she looks at you. As long as you are confident and carry yourself well and don't try too hard to get her attention AND don't come off as pushy or creepy, she will see that confidence. I'm not good looking by any means and still get women because of that. I don;t care what they think, I'm the one who has to be impressed by them. I'll approach and talk to them and see what they have to offer. I have noticed that if they reject me at first and then start talking to other women and they see me interacting and not bothered by their rejection, later they'll approach and make "small talk" even though I was already rejected.

If you have looks, it makes things easier but you really appreciate it more if you put a little effort in it. Is like learning how to actually solve math problems and just using a calculator.