Do you ever not use shampoo?

well are there some days where you just don't use it? I hear its better for the scalp if you go every other day without shampoo. my hair is really short so I don't even bother with it. I just use shower gel every where but my hair obviously, and I end up smelling really nice.

so for long hair it seems best to just use conditioner. I used to shampoo my hair everyday

Most Helpful Girl

• yea I went a year straight without shampoo...It's different... I shampoo now cause I need to get a job,lol.

What Girls Said 8

• The ingredients in shampoo strip your hair of almost every thing, even hair coloring if you have it, so imagine the amount of natural oils that keep your hair moisturized and protected being stripped away by constant shampooing, shampoo about every 2 days apart and you can condition as often as you want, conditioner has no harmful effects.

• Short hair or long hair will benefit from it.

• Both, it worked for me when I had once cut my hair extremely low, it softens the texture and it's in a better condition when I use the conditioner.

And now with my hair long it helps with the flexibility with me having it long and this summer heat I can put it up easily and it won't be tangled at all. very smooth and managable.

i shampoo every other day now since its so hot and I sweat and with the dirt build up from being outside much more, but in the winter I would do like shampoo every

• wintertime 2-3 days for shampoo. but conditioner as often as you want. just make sure when you condition, before you put more conditioner onto your hair at least rinse out the excess of the amount you put the day before, rinse your hair out a little and the apply it. that way you won't have product build up from putting too much conditioner back to back

• some days I just use conditioner when I shower just to soften my texture if I need it, but shampoo every other day or 2 days apart.

• Yeah, every other day I don't use shampoo, just conditioner.

• If you wash your hair everyday you will be bald my friend, but I wash my hair after every 3 days. Trying to get my hair back to its natural texture and for it to be healthy.

• I'm trying to get longer hair so I avoid shampoo also curly heads like me use conditioner as a shampoo alternative

• I only wash.my hair with conditioner...its been 7 months no shampoo.

• I use it once a weeek or once a week to remove build up but I dilute it with water

• I do that when I just rinse my hair out with water I don't wash it everyday

What Guys Said 7

• I went for close to month without it once, just to see how it worked. My hair was good, but I have nasty ass dandruff so my scalp just had a layer of dead gnarly ass skin on it. Though I don't shower every day anyways, so I guess I'm good.

• I am determined to go without shampoo, but the build up on the scalp is something I can't get past... I am trying to think how did humans deal with this before shampoo? maybe they sweat more, to melt the wax/clean out the pores...

• It's probably like the whole allergy bit, I doubt it even came about back in the day.

• i pretty much always use something usually a shampoo of some type or my regular brand . I rarey have a shower without something being used

• I used to use shampoo everyday but I heard it drys out the scalp and makes hair dry because your hair has oils and nutrients it needs and washing it to much with shampoo strips it from these oils and nutrients

I only use shampoo twice a week now unless I feel like my head needs a good scrubbing from working outside or being outside on general

I also alwyas use conditioner after shampooing

• I wash my hair every day and occasionally every other day if I know I'm just going to be getting dirty anyway. I don't think it has affected my scalp.

• To each their own. I am half Italian so my hair gets greasy starting on day 2. So I shampoo every day. To f*** with my scalp.

• Same here, I don't really use shampoo everyday I shower.

• I shampoo once a day and shower 2-3 times a day.

• ru a germaphobe or something?

• i don't shower in the morning, I shower the night before. days when I get my sweat on ill jump in for a quick rinse off that's about it

• With your buzzcut that works. No bed hair.