Women: Are you being attractive on purpose or merely by accident?

I am constantly confused by whether girls are TRYING to be noticed, or if they are simply unaware that they are being sexy.

I ask this, because there are times when I notice women will do things that are very hot, seemingly unaware that they are doing it...yet they do these things in plain sight of either just myself, or guys in general. I know women like to be subtle, but am I reading too much into this, or are you messing with our heads? lol

Also, I know that at least some of the time, it must be intentional, because I've had people tell me after the fact that, yes, indeed, she was trying to get my attention but I misread it or missed it. Very frustrating!

Hmmm...when I think about it, some of those incidents were pretty obvious in retrospect. :P At the time, for some reason I didn't get it, but when I think about relating them to you, it seems obvious. -_- Man, why don't I know this stuff at the time? *grrrr

Most Helpful Girl

• according to what you wrote to throwit, they are totally messing w/your head. the things you mention are not things that women do just on a regular basis. however, I know there are plenty of things women do which are not meant to be attention-grabbing but are. We don't see the world as you see it, so its difficult to understand what turns you on beyond the usual.

there's been times, I've been staring into the distance lost in thought or whatever, twirling my hair or fidgeting with my clothing and suddenly noticed a guy staring with rapt interest--and for the life of me I can't figure out what it was that I did to arrest his attention.

so I'd say the odds are 50/50.

What Girls Said 8

• I honestly don't try...I just show up as me and you can take it or leave it. I don't put ANY extra time into my image in the mornings. No makeup...I only brush my hair and teeth and wash my face. That's just good hygiene. And I'm, a pretty...confident, out there girl, so people either find me obnoxious or attractive. Their choice, I don't care.

• If a girl sees a cute guy or is trying to get someone's attention, then yes she will definitely do things on purpose. But if she is just in her own world and hasn't noticed any guy around, she probably is doing it unintentionally. Girls do thigns sometimes that guys find sexy,a nd they don't even mean to. It is hard to give a good answer without knowing the situation or anything.

• It probably depends on what you're talking about or the girl. Even when I see an attractive guy I don't try to act any different and I don't care if I get his attention or not. I do have lots of friends(male) who say that I do attractive or cute things even saying "You're so damn cute/sexy!".

Once I was just eating ice cream, one time I was just laughing, and another I was just talking about how I fall in love with someone. Another I was just sitting and talking, or I gave them a hug.

• So, in your case, anyway, it's unintentional. ;)

• If you are trying to see if a girl gives you the OK to aproach her, then good luck, we do things as women do. Stop thinking and start asking them out if that's what your after. If she's interested she might come over or she might not. But trying to figure out won't help much.

• Yeah, good advice. I tend to overthink stuff way too much and not act enough. lol

• Sad to say, I don't really know how to answer this question even as a woman myself.

I don't usually fake anything like that to get attention though.

• what kind of stuff are they doing that is so sexy?

• Hula-hooping across the street from me with tight little shorts and a midriff shirt, when her backyard is actually much bigger; suntanning with her top undone in front of me and asking me to apply suntan lotion (well, okay, that's obvious now); changing bikinis with her friend underwater in the ocean while I'm there and telling me not to look(!); painting in a bikini outdoors. Things like that. And no, not all the sam girl, and yes, really, they all happened. ;D

• Yeah. I've done it on purpose. Mostly with my cleavage. And legs. Those are my best assests.

Bend over or something. Where short skirts.

I don't so much any more.

• i think a lot of women try, including myself

What Guys Said 0