What do I do about my hair?

my hair is so dull and never looks just straight and sleek and shiny I don't know why. it always feels really soft but it never looks like it is. what can I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Make sure your hair stays hydrated. A lot of conditioners only coat your hair with wax to give the impression that it's shiny and healthy, but if you want it to actually be healthy, do a deep condition (with a high-quality conditioner or treatment) 2 or 3 times a week. If you blow dry, flatiron, or curl your hair, make sure you use heat-triggered product to help protect your hair from heat damage, as well as make your hair look radiant. Honestly, the biggest problem most hair has is that it doesn't get enough moisture to keep it healthy (having oily hair doesn't mean it's not dehydrated). Next time you go in to your hairdresser for an appointment, ask her/him for some advice. They can recommend specific products and techniques that will help your hair.

What Guys Said 3

• Often the problem is with the hair care products you use.

Start by using products (shampoo and conditioners) with out SLS, it is a strong detergent in a lot of shampoos if can causing your hair to dry out because it strips the hair of natural oils therefore you hair could look dull. . I like the products from Sensible Addictions they have salon quality products and great fragrances (for women and men). If you have thin hair I would try their Hemp Shampoo otherwise the Aloe is great. Also I would consider using a leave in conditioner to start then switch to a regular conditioner. You can find Sensible Addictions on the web sensibleaddictions. Try their stuff I think you will like them.

• Put it up in a bun, always looks good.

• conditioner, lots of it

What Girls Said 5

• i leave conditioner in my hair for about 10 minutes whenever to get it shiny. I also take vitamin e pills to make it shiny. my hair otherwise looks like a birds nest in the morning lol. and you can try pantene straightening leave in conditioner, wear throughout the day. good luck ^_^

• Use conditioners and shampoos that are for shinyness. To get my hair shiny I use a raw egg mixed into my shampoo and it always works like magic, just make sure you aren't washing your hair in hot water because I heard the egg will cook and I don't want to find out if that's true haha. But also leave in conditioners will help a lot. Straightening your hair with a flat iron will make it straight and sleek.

• use conditioner. I don't really know what type of hair you have, but if you have straight hair (like me) here's what you can do: shampoo only the roots, and the condition the rest. also, you can use a glaze and if you don't want a color-enhancing glaze you can use the john freida clear glaze for all colors (I use the one for light blonde hair and it really works)

also, rinse you're hair in cold water before you get out of the shower. if you don't want to be freezing you can also blow dry your hair with cold air after youve already blow-dried it dry. what the cold water or air does, it seals the cuticle in your hair and makes in shinier

hope this helps!

• rinse your hair in cold water at the end of a shower.

try a shine spray, like the one by bumble&bumble or garnier.

• Go see a hairdresser and ask for advice. A new color and cut can also shine it up a bit .