Girls with long hair, what do you do with it when you work out?

I have thick, waist length hair, and I put it in a pony tail, but it still hangs down my back when I work out, and its really hot and gross :S I can't put it in a bun Because its too heavy and it falls out anyways... what do you do with it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I put it in a ponytail, or a very tightly secured bun that in the end doesn't look like a bun anymore I guess...very rarely I french or dutch braid it, but it's too much of an effort to be honest. if I feel girlish/childish enough, I'll put it in pig tails. you could pul your hair into pigtails and then try making two smaller buns, those might hold up? or, like my previous answerer suggested, braid it and then put it into a bun, that should work better with braided hair. have you tried doing anold-style-party bun on top of your head? a girl in my school was often walking around like that, but to be honest, she looked a right knob >.> good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• put it in a swimming cap problem solved lol. :P

• Ponytail or bun?

• Sweatband, pony tail, hat, etc.

What Girls Said 8

• Try braiding it into a ponytail maybe. My hair isn't to my waist, but it's down to my middle back now...i'm still able to just put it in a high ponytail and be fine tho. I would try braiding it and then putting it up, it might make it less hot and keep it all together

• My hair is not quite as long as yours, but I've had similar problems. I can't put it in a bun without it falling out. I normally just put it in a higher pony tail (which eventually falls down) and deal. Other times I will braid it, or if I'm too lazy to braid I just use a few hair ties and put one on every couple inches.

• French Braid it then Twist it into a Ballerina Bun and then secure it with a hair tie and hairpins, they are like booby pins but work better for thick hair. link

• The problem I get with buns is that they're so heavy they either give me whiplash when they bounce or they pull a houdini on my hair pins.

• Oh I see, Then try geting the bun on the very very top of your head and use LOTS of heirspray and the bobby pins, I have the same problem because I have very thick hair, if you get the really cheap ones they fall out more, so try investing in the more name brand ones :)

• I put in a braided pony tail. Sometimes, I would do that and wrap it around into a braided bun.

Sometimes a side braid also.

link - I use spin pins when running sometimes. It's keeps my hair in place and is very secure.

• I always just threw it up in a high ponytail.

• I have BEAST hair! Not that long though, maybe to my lower back. Personally, I'm not a fan of THAT long of hair... Anyway, not the point haha. The best thing for me is to braid it, be it one down the back or two cute LOW pigtails.

• by waist length I mean like to my natural waist not hips :P thanks for your answer!

• Braid it then twist it into a bun, I have cut my hair lately but I braid it then then twist it or a high ponytail, I actually like it when it still is hanging on my shoulders when in a high ponytail.

When you stick it into a ponytail or bun try and stick some bobby pins in. I don't really have that problem :( It usually always stay up if I have it tight enough.

• Im the same way and have the same problem as you I just let it get sweaty and shower when I get home.