Have you ever lost weight or made a dramatic change that made you more attractive?

If so how did you change, how much and did people treat you differently? Well I ask this because I'm fresh out of a break up and what better way to deflect my energy than getting hotter? So let's hear it :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I've lost a lot of weight. 70 pounds so far. I'm almost to my goal weight. People do treat me differently, but I don't like it. If I wasn't good enough how I was, but you're going to be nice to me now...they can go f*** off lol. Women give me more attention, I give them a little back, but now I'm the one breakin hearts lol

What Guys Said 13

• I started working out. I used to be short and skinny, now I have a good athletic build and some decent muscles. Not like bulging out of my shirt muscles but just in shape, athletic type muscles. It definitely boosted my confidence and girl and guys have told me that I look good or that I've gotten ripped. Just the other day, while at the pool with some friends, one of my buddies told me I was ripped and that he wishes he had muscles after I picked up my 300lb friend on my shoulders for fun (we were playing chicken and I'm only 5'5 and 130lbs). I'm sure the girls there noticed too.

• Yes, during the summer between my 8th grade and 9th grade year of high school, I lost between 15 and 20 pounds. Now that I think about it that was a really big change in my life not because of what others thought of me (although people did notice a difference) but because I knew I had control over my self and I could make positive changes with grit and determination.

• Yes, at one point I decided to get into good physical condition and everyone noticed! I became a hot item,quite suddenly!

• nope, I've actually gained weight and been hearing that I'm chubby from left and right. The weight gain really doesn't bother me, I actually think I look better then before, I was really skinny.

I'm 76 kg now but my index weight suggests that I must be like 65-67 kg, I want to hit the gym and turn this new gained weight into awesome muscle, but with my work schedule and family I have like no extra time to get tot he gym. Sighs.

• Yeah, lost about 70 pounds in the last half year. I've always been fairly clueless about women making any sort of advances, so I really couldn't say. I feel far better about myself now though.

• I once cut off my nose off to spite my face but that made it so I did not get a piece of tail for 6 months so I bought this great rubber nose that came with a cool pair of dark rimmed glasses. I was MUCH more attractive and got mucho action...

• well after my break up, I felt more compelled to focus on what I want out of life. currently trying to get to my fittest so I can hopefully join the police force. lost about 22 pds so far, want to get down to about 170 by February. 170-180 would be fine, currently about 225

• Yeah, my fingers used to be too long so I snipped em all off at the top knuckle.

• in my high school my waist was 32 inches and now its around 27.5 inches with increase in muscle mass and 6 pac abs ...in past people used to see me as a student who goes to high school now they think I'm into modeling,they appreciate,give compliments feels gr8.

• Seems like weight is the common theme in this. I lost 30 lbs but I didn't do it too feel more attractive, I did it because I felt terrible. I had no appetite and I just didn't want to do anything because I was 30 lbs overweight. I'm just happy I got rid of it

• The day I started caring about my health.

• When I was fat, I was a social outcast. Now that I'm more athletic & muscular I'm still an outcast :D

• nope lol. I've always been like the same

What Girls Said 11

• Yeah.

I was fat once...and I got ridiculed and it was a detriment to my self esteem...then I lost weight and people tell me I looked better..but it still feels like bullsh*t to me. I trust no one..they are all fake as hell..

Now I learned peoples compliments or insults toward my appearance is bullsh*t. I don't care how people think I look. Say what you want..only my perception of myself matters. If I think I look good..odds are I look good. No matter what you say it won't change a damn thing. If I think I look ugly..same sh*t.

• Interesting, I fell the same way about this stuff too. Like not believing people on what they say.

• I stopped caring what everyone else was thinking about me and put myself first for once and now I'm so much better for it. I got a new job, found some new friends and just put myself out there and that was after a break up and now I'm probably feeling the best about myself that I ever have.

• Well I have gone back an forth with weight. However I am not treated any differently. In fact I gained weight because I thought it would make me invisible but guys still ask me out a lot. Men still look at me as a freaking sex pot (which makes me feel very uncomfortable). Now I am saving up for a boob reduction because they get way too much attention and are way too uncomfortable to log around. I can say though my energy level is better when I am thin. I can do more stuff and that's why I lost the weight again.

• i lost a bunch of weight last fall because I came home from a European trip and my intake of food went weird compared to home because we did a lot more excersising and so when I got home, I didn't snack hardly at all and when I started workign with classes, my day was so busy I didn't have time for snacking hardly and I've never had the same appetite since. . plus my mom cooks really healthy and we never have junk food in thew house.

• I actually lost about 12-15 pounds on a special diet, and before hand guys had noticed me. I think, however, when I lost weight, they noticed me more and smiled at me more often. So I think it's safe to say that if you have confidence it helps, but also a slim waist doesn't hurt. ;) All in all, being healthy is what you want to aim for. :)

• yeah, the end of my senior year of high school I lost 45 lbs and boys started falling in love with me all over and I won a boyfriend who looks like a model, we're still dating :)

• Oh wow, boys started falling in love with you, interesting :O

• before guys never even talked to me and didn't bother to get to know my personality. It was a good feeling but I didn't know how to handle it.

• I LOST 23 KGS, It changed my entire life, as in intellectually, and physically.. guys and friends find me hotter x100 than before,

I've become more outgoing and I just had a boost of confidence, that's it :)

• I lost weight.

I used to be a UK size 22 (US size 26) when I was 13 years old.

When I was 14, I was so fed up by being bullied by everyone, even my mother, that I stopped eating and frantically exercised. For about 10 days I lived off nothing but one biscuit per day. Then, I ate nothing more than one sandwich a day for 3 months. I shot down to a UK size 14 (US size 10). It was incredibly unhealthy, but it stopped people bullying me...unfortunately I ended up in counselling, because I also got depression and self harmed (bad home life).

However! I also met my amazing partner of 5 years now. I gained one size after I started eating normally, but I know if I hadn't lost that weight, he never would have looked twice at me. So... even though it gave me problems, I'm glad I did it in the long run.

• I lost weight but it didn't make me more attractive. I mean, maybe it did, but it didn't really matter because I didn't feel any better about myself.

I gained the weight back and said f*** it and decided to actually start taking care of myself, to treat my body well whether I lost weight or not, and to stop caring so much about whether other people find me attractive or not. The respect for myself made me pickier about who I let in my life, so people did start treating me better, but because I only associated with people who did. Loving myself has made me see myself as more attractive than I've ever been.

• I lost 20 kg. So yeah, people noticed, haha.

The boys did too ;)

• I was a healthy weight, but didn't look it. I lost 20lbs and became just above the centre of my healthy weight range.

It has made a big difference with my confidence. I used to get upset when getting dressed as I hated how I looked so much.

I still want to lose more. Maybe another 10lbs (I that would bring me 2lbs below the centre of my healthy weight range). I think after 10lbs I will feel confident enough to go out without a cardigan on.

It's just finding the motivation to continue...