Is being a size 6 the new "plus size"?

I read an article saying that this is very much the case which I feel is complete bull if your in a size 6 your pretty damn small what are your views on this matter?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh well, if a 6 is plus sized then I am officially an obese whale at an 8. People say nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.. but cheese and carbs and butter and steak taste pretty damn good to me..

• You should more than likely goddam marry me.

• haha I know right. cause ummive seen people who eat nothing but tofu, veggies and everything but animal products still be a size 6 or over because some people have more shape than others not necessarily fat

• Who's marrying whatnow? But ya, I don't even think about the size or weight.. too much stress.. as long as you feel good and look good, who cares about numbers.

What Guys Said 3

• Why do so many of you women, buy into this crap?

Get to know yourself and be comfortable with who you are inside, and you will find that you don't worry about what fashion magazines try to tell you will make you happy or popular.

• It's totally irrelevant. Being a size 6 means nothing. What matters is being yourself and being happy.

• I like 6 and below... by the way check out my question link

What Girls Said 9

• Size 6 is definitely not plus sized. Only in distorted worlds, like the high fashion modeling industry is size 6 considered "plus size"

• No, definitely not. Who cares what snobby people in an office consider to be "plus sized."

• I'm guessing this is US size 6?

No.

UK average is a 16 (US size 12) which is the size I am.

US size 6 is our slender/normal size.

But aren't the media trying to make everyone anorexic nowadays?

• Andy Sachs: So none of the girls here eat anything?

Nigel: Not since two became new four and zero became the new two.

Andy Sachs: Well, I'm a six...

Nigel: Which is the new fourteen.

Someone had to do it!

• Noooooooooooooooooooooo

• Clothing sizes are all relative. I don't make judgements based on numbers.

• ridiculous

• I'm 5'9" and I wear size 5/6 in dresses and like a size 6/7 in jeans and I'm incredibly skinny. I'm actually quite boney and underweight to be honest. there is no way that's "plus size"

• 6 in what? In Aus 6 is the ideal dress size but a smaller than average pant size. 8 is average/slim here.