Is it bad to be THIS vain?

I'm a pretty vain guy. I think I look pretty good. I'm no 10, but typically people tell me pretty often what a good looking guy I am (dudes too). Tell the truth, I think I'm overrated. But I still think I look pretty good. Sometimes I just look at myself in the mirror (or store windows, car windows, etc lololol)for 5, 10, maybe even 20 minutes (only that long when I'm home alone, lol). I might even be critiquing a flaw, but I'm still there for 20, lol. It upsets me to not be the best looking person in a room. It upsets me to not have the best looking girl with me. I'm a really nice guy to everyone, you'd never know it, but this is what's going on deep down in that dark place you don't talk about at parties. It doesn't affect my life too much. The worst is time I guess. I won't go to the convenience store if I'm not showered and dressed. I spend time just trying on different outfits and looking at myself in them, lol. I won't leave the house if my shirt, shoes, and hat (if any) don't match. Basically, I love to be fly, lol. I'm a nice guy, I'm not outwardly conceited, but when people compliment my clothes, or my looks, or my "cool" persona, I'm secretly eating it up, I LIVE for that. Is this a really bad thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is only a bad thing if you begin to treat others as though they are inferior to you. Remember that just because you are attractive or "fly," it doesn't mean you are "better" than everyone else. Still be a kind, respectful person...have manners and morals. As long as you treat others well, I think it is OK to be happy with yourself and your efforts to have a nice wardrobe,etc. However, you should also keep in mind that material items aren't the world. Just don't let yourself become greedy or mean and it is fine to like being complimented.

What Girls Said 3

• Waaaayyyyy tooo vain! Major turn off. There is a difference between self pride, looking your best and being obsessed with how you look... I feel sorry for anyone who is that obsessed with their appearance.

Its only natural to enjoy being complimented, but don't live for that! Self pride is healthy, but when your thoughts are consumed by your appearance, that's not healthy at all!

Maybe you need to thing about how much time you spend obsessing over yourself and then compare that with how much time you spend thinking of other people, your girlfriend, family, friends, new acquaintances, workmates, everyone. Think about what is truly important and try to focus on that a bit more...

• i don't like dating guys who are really vain and neither do most girls

• Wha, yeah, if you're looking at yourself for like 5-20mins just to look at yourself and exam how you look, that's pretty vain/caught up. I guess the other bad thing is having the best looking girl with you? :P Other than that it's alright.

What Guys Said 1

• just disgusting.

my heart stopped for a sec when I was reading this. brutal.