Is it worth it to get your hair professionally dyed?

I've been dyeing my own hair for a bit now, and I really like the purple color it is, but I'm always really disappointed by how short of a time it lasts. It really only remains vibrant for one or two washes and after that its more dull. I'd really prefer something permanent that I don't have to re-do every week and a half, but having it professionally done is expensive and I'm not sure whether its worth it for me to spend $100+ on it when I'll have to either keep it up or let it grow out and look strange in the meantime. Is there anyone who's had it done? What did you think about the results?

Most Helpful Girl

• what is it like those manic panic purples?

if its those, whether you get it professionally done or not, its not going to last.

if you know how to do those colors yourself, just keep doing them. just put the dye in at least once a week so it won't look faded. I used to do that when I had all blue hair. but when I had more than one color in my hair, I got it professionally done.

if you want to do another color, like highlights, or more than one color, or a permanent color, then you should go to the salon. especially if you want something with bleach.

What Guys Said 2

• There is not much a difference with store bought and salon color. Wash your hair and conditioner it with different products to keep it from getting dull. Aussie and Herbal Essence are good products to use back and forth. I do not think it is worth spending too much at a salon.

• No, it's not worth it. What if you get tired of your color. You would have to go bald and bald women aren't attractive

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on what you're going for.

Anytime you're going to bleach the hair, whether to re-dye it or just to have platinum blond, you NEED to get it professionally done.

However, with good quality hair dye and the right products, it should last a while if you do it yourself.

If you are using sulfate free shampoos and conditioners and you still find that the color is fading quite fast, then you may need to get it professionally done.

My friends and I have always dyed our hair at home and it lasted months. I dyed my hair pink and it lasted for a long time and my friends dyed their hair blue and purple and it lasted quite a while too.

• IMO, not worth spending your money on salon hair coloring, unless you are going for more fancier hair color scheme like lowlights or any highlights.

I think for basic hair dying, store bought products are sufficient enough...I find L'Oreal Preference to be the most dependable, long lasting hair dye brand.

Be sure to use shampoos/conditioners that are specifically formulated for dyed hair...or for at least a week after you've dyed it.

• Do the purple yourself. Go longer inbetwwen washes so it lasts longer. Use no sulfate shampoos.

• its worth it more than doing it yourself, get it done by professionals

• yes it is. it will last longer and lok better