Ladies, how do you get/do your eyebrows?

I tweeze mine on my own, but I don't think I do a very good job. So, do you do them yourself? Get them done? Tweeze, wax, threading, something else? Where do you go to get them done? How often? Basically, I need to know the basics. My eyebrows are pretty thick and I'm worried about trusting someone else to shape them for me and making them too thin or something like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have really thick eyebrows too, and they're not perfectly symmetrical, so they've always been a problem. In my early eyebrow shaping days I got them threaded with my mom. Hers always looked wonderful but the lady never paid close attention, she just went with the shape of the eyebrows and removed the hairs on the outside, so mine always ended up looking even more asymmetrical. Gah! So I gave up on that and have been shaping my own eyebrows since the age of 13. I just use a pair of tweezers, the small scissors and a brow brush to trim them first. I do the shaping every 2 months or so but tweeze any stray hairs when I notice them.

Though if you decide to shape you own eyebrows, be careful because mirrors can be deceptive and our eyes get used to seeing things a certain way. Nowadays I keep my camera with me while shaping my eyebrows and take pictures every few minutes to make sure everything is symmetrical and even. The flipped image in the picture really shows what you look like, not what your eyes are used to seeing in the mirror :).

As far as wax goes, it never worked well for me as my eyebrow hairs are really thick and the wax is never strong enough. I would say threading is the best option as it gives the most control (after tweezers, of course), it's pretty fast, and if you find an experienced esthetician you will get amazingly shaped eyebrows that complement your face. Middle Eastern and Indian estheticians are by far the best I have seen, as threading is the preferred method in those countries.

What Guys Said 2

• The girls I date usually get it done at the mall with the string :P Oh by the way guys hate when girls over do it and take too much off and it looks like you barely have eyebrows

• haha I keep on telling the lady who treads my eyebrows to not make them thin but she persistently makes them thin ...sigh bad bad

• Yes that is bad when you pay for a service and they won't do it they way you ask.

• I'm not a girl but I get my unibrow threaded

• What exactly does that entail? And does it hurt...sounds like it hurts?

• For me, the lady takes a string and threads my eyebrows while I pull my eye lids down to make it more accurate. It does sting a little bit because I have thick hair but its definitely worth it.

And I get them threaded instead of waxing because my sister said waxing pulls the muscles on your face which gets bad as you age.

If you want less pain go for waxing.

With waxing it's literally a 3 min process and it burns when she pulls of the tape and a little while after.

Good Luck!

• Interesting. Thank you!

What Girls Said 9

• eveyone will hate me for this... but I don't do anything.. my eyebrows are naturally perfect! haha. I mean if you look close there may be a little blond unibrow, but I don't mind, if I removed those hairs they would just grow back dark and then I would have to pluck them all the time, I used to pluck my eyebrows when I was younger now I look back on old pics and I realized how weird I looked, the blond unibrow gives my eyebrows a nice fade.. my family keeps dropping hints that I should pluck them, they got me one of those magnifiying mirrors and tweezers, I like my damn eyebrows that you very much, they're staying, lol

• I also have thick eyebrows! But I like them. I think those thin eyebrows make your face look hard. But anyway, I get my eyebrows waxed and then I try my best to maintain the shape by tweezing them, but at some point I get lazy so after around 3 months I'll go back to get them waxed again :) If you're worried about them making it too thin then tell the person doing it you don't want it too thin. You just want to get rid of the bushy effect. She should understand this. I've been to 3 different people before who waxed mine and not one of them have ever made mine too thin at all without even asking them. So I think you're in good hands at most place. But like I said, just tell them before hand what you want.

• I've waxed excess before. I tell them how much I want gone, and they wax it away. other than that, I don't do much about them. Although I have a friend who brushes them with her toothbrush, putting some hairspray on it (I know it's weird, but it actually makes them look good. She has thick eyebrows, so I guess it works for her.)

• With my tweezer. It is easier than wax.

• I've got blond eye brows, so I have to draw mine on every day haha. But I do get them done when I get my hair done which is about every 4-6 months. People at the salon will do their best to make sure they don't mess up, so don't worry! Just be very clear on how you want them done, even bring in pictures if you can't describe the shape and size properly.

• I get them waxed when they get out of control this is like once a month or once every two months but until them I pluck them myself. Its I don't think its as good doing it myself, but the people that do it make them very thin.

• Threading. I have thickish, arched eyebrows and I find that threading gives them the best shape. I get Indian ladies to do it, and tell them to keep my brows as thick as possible. I like them to look like this: link

• i get them threaded at a beauty salon

• Get them threaded I have screwed up my own with tweezers way too many times. Getting them done is unbelievably better.