Bleaching your hair?!?

I want to dye a strip of my hair, I have very dark brown hair so I should bleach it first? Do you use like house bleach or hair bleach? What works best? I have never dyed my hai so any tips would be great!

I'm only doing a strip, like a tiny peice on the underside of my hair. I am not dying all of it, that would look crazy! Haha

Most Helpful Girl

• That's false, you won't go bald for bleaching your hair one strip. The only way you could go bald is if you bleach it very regularly, like every day or every week.

As for your question, yes you should bleach it, until your natural color is gone and then apply the color you desire.

But what do you mean house bleach? Like the one you clean your house and clothes with? No! :O You need hair bleach. There are 3 different types of hair bleach.

1. Powder

2. Cream

3. Oil bleach.

If your hair is resistant, try powder. If it's in between try cream, if it's porous, try the oil bleach.

Have fun!

What Guys Said 2

• Don't use house bleach! Good lord! Go to a salon and let someone else do it. I guess you'd kind of look like Rogue from the X-Men which is kind of cool.

• Just don't use kitchen bleach. You can seriously do some damage with that.

• it would be dumb to do it on your hair when you don't know what you're doing

What Girls Said 6

• If you want to go lighter than your hair color now then you need to use a hair bleach. I highly recommend you get it done by a professional! Dealing with bleaching your hair when you have no experience is not something you want to play around with.

• I actually did that with my hair a few months back and I have dark brown hair...I bought myself this Splat hair dye kit that came with bleach for your hair. But it didn't work that well...my friend told me I should have used hair toner, which apparently works better on darker hair. Using that should help make the color you are putting in much more vibrant. Hope this helped!

• you have to buy hair leach it will damage your hair but if you take good care of it it shouuld get healthy again and it will look nicer as time goes by.

• No not house bleach use hair bleach but I warn you it may go orange if you have dark hair my friend did that

• You never bleach your hair with household bleach. There are specific bleaches for hair so just go to your drugstore and look around.

• Sure bleach your hair and become bald 10 years from now, you will remember this saying..best of luck. but I don't advise you to bleach your hair at all