What color should I paint my bed? White or Black?

I have a long room with all purple walls. The upper half is light purple and the bottom half is deep dark purple... and a 4 post bed.

I'm painting my bed but not sure what color.

What would look best? =D

Ideas? :]

• WHITE
  • BLACK
  • OTHER? ...

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• white

light purple (a bit darker than your upper half)

also consider lime green - it is opposite of purple on the spectrum and will make for a strong contrast

consider an oil based paint - it is shinier and more durable

• What would give more contrast with purple. Purple walls are also dark and cause the room to look smaller and more confining so light colors would help open it up some. White would be better for that... What color is your floor and ceiling? What color are your sheets?

• *White

• Haha I don't even like twilight, and I don't want to be a vampire. Thanks for answering.

• Yep, no problem. Like I said you didn't go that far. It just reminded me of the emo, occult obsessed teenage stereotype.

• ... interesting color choices... Can't go wrong with Zebra. lol, it's just as spontaneous

• Paint it satin black with a satin varnish on top, on top mmm that will ook ok.

• candy cane

• Paint it white. That way if you want to ever do it another color, it's easier. Black you would have to go over it with white before you did it another color

• White.

What Girls Said 10

• white would look classy. If you want something sexier, maybe put a little edge and paint it black :) I recently painted my room all white with white furniture and it looks amazing!

• white furniture makes the room appear bigger and I think it would go nicely with both light and dark purple.

• Black with a black & white bedspread

link

link

• You'll sleep better if you go with white actually. It's been shown in studies that having black walls or funiture or anything you are more likely to have poor sleep than any other color. White is the best for sleep.

• Interesting...

• It's actually a science behind how colors effect us. It's called colorology which makes it sound like bullsh*t but if actual data can support it I'll go along with it.

• black.

• PICS please

• White.

• seeing your bottom half is dark purple id say white.

• I say a nice white:)

• rainbow