Should I dye my long blond hair black?

I really want to dye it an extreme black color. I'm slim, blue eyes and fair skin.

I'm sick of the tags associated with blondes and feel I would be taken more seriously from strangers. Let's be honest, society tends to judge..

So what are you thoughts? Long black hair, really blue eyes and fair skin?

55

Most Helpful Guy

• My question to you is, why are you dying your hair black really? Do you think you will look good or do you feel as if you will be less brutally judged for being blonde?

I am sure you have heard this time and time again, but do NOT change yourself to conform to stupid baseless standards set by a superficial society. If anything has to change, its the stereotype itself. And I'm a Pakistani so trust me I know all about it. Do you know I live in a cave and ride my camel to school?

If I were you, I'd consider this an incentive to do and be better. For instance, if a guy judges you for being blond and no who you are as a person, Honestly, you should be grateful your hair got you to realize how shallow he is. Likewise, I'd make it a mission to Prove to everyone how smart I am. I remember watching a video of this blond who was a topper at Harvard.

My point is, that you will never achieve anything in this world if you are not proud to be who you are, especially if you have done no wrong. If this act has the slightest to do with what people think, please don't do it. I am into painting and many people for some odd reason I don't care about, think its gay. I've had attention from gay people too who have appreciated my craft and supported me so much. And being hetero, I'm not bitter about it, I'm proud of how this stereotype has been a litmus test in showing me who truly values me for who I am, and giving me genuine loving friends. I celebrate that and so should you.

I hope you if anything, just contemplate the repercussion of this act may you decide to go with it.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• I don't blame you for wanting out of the blond image! But a simple hair style like a pert ponytail would stop the jokes with much less trouble than actually changing your natural color.

• Here it's trendy for girls to dye their hair dark or black. Blond jokes are all around.. and sometimes I also thought that maybe girls do that to be considered as more "Smart" .. but I thought it's just too crazy to be true.. well, I gotta brace myself now!

If that is your only reason to do that then don't do it. Believe it or not but blond hair are very attractive to girls and hair color got absolutely nothing to do with the intellect or whatsoever.

• I love black hair on blue-eyed, fair-skinned women. Go for it.

• No

What Girls Said 5

• No, terrible idea, if its not done properly you run the risk of staining your hair. Going too dark when you have naturally fair hair is a risky thing to do. Also, the regrowth will be super obvious and rather tacky. Go with a more natural change, going that extreme for that reason seems a bit of an overreaction.

• You will look fake and washed out. Additionally, you may never get your natural color back. I know because it happened to me.

• In my opinion you should go dark gradually. Start off with a light brown and go from there. Black can somtimes look too extreme on natural blondes.

• Jet black looks fake (with dye). I say no. You're still going to be judged.

• i suppose it depends on how the person looks. But I think it looks good. especially on guys. lol.