Other than being able to match them with certain outfits, what is the attachment women have with shoes?

I know that they go well with certain outfits, but why else would you like shoes so much. Guys don't really care, unless they're gay, or metro

Most Helpful Girl

• Well for me I'm not all crazy about shoes I have had a pair of Nike's since I was in the 7th grade...and I'm 22 now so yeah haha. But I can say that the reason I still have these shoes and still wear them is because I like the style and color and they remind me of certain times in my life that were fun/happy. When I find a pair of shoes whether they are heels or tennis shoes or sandals I get attached to them mainly based on how comfortable they are, the style, the color, and how I look in them. That's mostly it for me I don't buy shoes very much I just savor the ones I love until it's time to lay them to rest and pick up a new pair.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 10

• I never really got into the "shoe maniac" stage. I have friends who literally get tears in their eyes when they are in shoe stores. They start hugging each other, yelling how beautiful the shoes are while shaking. It's crazy. I've heard stories of girls who own hundreds pair of shoes. I'm not even nearly like that. Shoes are the last thing on my mind when out shopping.

• because the perfect pair of shoes can make you feel like a million bucks.

some of my shoes make me feel.. a certain way. my ragged pair of white converse just make me smile. when I wear black heels, I feel hot as hell. birkenstocks make it feel like a sunny day - that's a really difficult feeling to explain, its just generally good.

buying a new pair of shoes is a big deal for me - you have to break them in, and make them feel like part of the family, you have to wear them, and show them off, and finally, they get to the point where theyre covered in dirt.

honestly, its just calming. yes, choosing the best pair can be frustrating, but once that's done, nothing can go wrong.

• because we are human and we all have attachments to something. I myself don't have an attachment to shoes (a female stereotype) but I LOVE sharks. I have many stuff animal sharks, I now have a shirt that has a shark on it. I have a glass shark, and I will always collect sharks. Usually the attachment/obession type things start at a young age. Like for me with the sharks. When I was born my great great grandmother gave me a stuff shark toy, which I still have, and not completely ashmaed to say that I still sleep with at night.

Maybe these shoe obessed girls got a meaningful/beautiful/ what have you pair of shoes when they were younger and bam its all uphill or downhill in mens opinions from there.

the whole shoe thing tho is a stereotype, like guys with cars. lol but that's my thought on the attachment thing

• I can say that I am obsessed with shoes. Because I love to accessories and I enjoy shopping for them.

• Im not obsessed with having a bunch of shoes but I love my converse. Theyre my favorite. :D

• I like heals...They help firm up your butt and make you taller and also elongate your legs!

• im not particularly attached to my shoes I have 3 or 4 pairs not a whole cloeset full, this is just a stereotype

• Heels? - They make your legs and ass look nice.

• I'm not sure. I guess cause they make our legs and butts look really good. And also they are just so cute! lol

• I'm talking about heels on the first part of my comment(obviously). But the thing about them being cute applies to all shoes. :)

• I like it because I like it?

• That's an opinion, now back it up with a source

• Yes, I do have a problem with that..and like I said, you're a girl, why do you care so much about shoes, regardless of clothes/outfits

• You have a problem with it WITH your girlfriend not me so mind your own business and I could careless about your opinion. I care about shoes because I care, my goddness, should I explain why?

What Guys Said 3

• I think they like clothing, but unless they're happy with their body shape, clothing is always bittersweet. Shoes, their size doesn't fluctuate, they are just pure 'happy' with how they look.

Most have too many, probably, and crappy ones at that.

As for men, most have too few.

• Heels can enhance the shape of ankles and legs, for one thing...I suppose that's #1 for girls.

• Other than the reasons stated, shoes are a very good indicator of status and/or how much someone cares about their overall appearance.