Why do some guys date girls less attractive than them?

i have one guy friend who is very attractive, just one notch below male model. I know I'm not the only girl who thinks so. me and pretty much all of my girl friends have a thing for him and would leap at the chance to date him. and he's not just attractive, he's a nice and interesting guy as well.

but all his girlfriends have been rather plain looking. not ugly by any means, but very plain, average, normal looking girls. they have all been very nice girls and I know personality counts for a lot in a relationship. but if a guy can have a pretty girl with a nice personality why would he choose a plain one?

and before you say anything I will admit that yes I am a bit jealous. his last girlfriend was overweight with an average looking face and I would ask myself "why not me?" but he's single now so I gotta take my shot while he's open! haha.

Most Helpful Guy

• She probably had a nice personality and came at the right time.

• oh yeah she definitely had a nice personality. I hung out with her a bit and she was very nice. but before he started dating her he had tons of offers from pretty girls with nice personalities but turned them all down.

• Chemistry wasn't there most likely. I've talked to pretty women with nice personalities, but I felt no chemistry or connection to them. To pursue them would only fulfill the need for sex, not intimacy. I'd definitely date a girl who was a little less attractive but who had a good personality and chemistry with me over a hotter girl with a good personality, but no chemistry. The reason why it seems confusing to you is because most guys just try to talk to women for sex, not relationships.

• very good point. I didn't think about it that way.

What Guys Said 9

• he might not have a very

high standard..

or his kindness doesn't allow

him to reject people, that could

also be the reason.. ^-^

• Maybe he has a bit low confidence or he just ain't THAT much into himself and he just focuses on who ever he dates.. So yeah maybe those girls actually got into there by luck or he made first moves since he thought his confidence level is of theirs.. maybe he never thought about who he should get at all even and he is just going with the flow.

• Maybe he has nonphysical requirements for a girlfriend.

• Their personality is usually better, easier targets, won't leave you for some douche, or how they were raised.

Handsome boys don't exactly "have" to be with models...

• Nice and interesting guys, want nice and interesting girls... When you look good, you've got options and personality is far far far more important when it comes to who you decide to pick.

• Bad taste or maybe he doesn't think he's good enough to get them

• Don't be so shallow, there is more to a person than a face and a body. It sounds cliche but its true, personality is really more important than looks for me. Maybe he finds you as dull as a lump hammer, which, judging from this question is more than likely the case. Don't be hating because he didn't choose you, work on your personality and ease off the makeup too.

• maybe he doesn't like the hotter girls

because of how they think they're better than everybody else

• a fatty won't leave a model looking guy

• she wasn't ugly, just plain.

but my question is why does HE keep dating plain looking girls? I've only met 5 or 6 of his exes but ALL of them were plain.

• i just told you why. because then he holds the power in knowing she's not going to leave him because he's good looking. or maybe they're just his type of chick. regular not too flashy.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe what you see as plain he sees as pretty or beautiful. And from the way you sound, shallow and judgmental, I'd say its your personality. Remember that answer when you ask yourself "why not me?" :(