Will people view me as unattractive because I used to be fat?

Not just potential boyfriends but people in general, but I am most concerned about potential boyfriends. It's not as if I can hide old photos or anything like that, I was young and stupid and I used to be really fat. But I fear what people will think of me especially men when they eventually find out? I want honest opinions please?

Most Helpful Girl

• wth? I'm obese and I would be proud if I could wake up tomorrow and say "yeah I used to be fat, but I worked my ass off and now look at me bitches!" unfortunately, I'm very very lazy and I may actually be fat forever. think about that. at least you avoided that fate.

be proud of yourself, you worked hard and you came really far. I think you should embrace all stages of yourself, even if you didn't like the way you looked back then, it was still a part of you and your life. trying to block that period out is trying to block out an important time in your life when you were on the road to becoming who you are and who you wanted to be. all stages of ourselves are important to who we are in the present. you shouldn't be ashamed of it. without that, you may not possess all the great qualities you have now or things that you do like about yourself.

also, girl, get some self esteem. you really want to be with people who will judge you that way? shouldn't you be with someone who likes you for who you are? if someone really likes you, its not going to matter if you used to be fat. now, if you're currently fat, that's a different story. -.-

self esteem. be proud of yourself and stop caring what so many people think about what you used to look like. they don't matter. surround yourself with worthwhile people and find the value in yourself and the nerve to tell people to shove it if they have a problem with this, or at least say that in your head. If you have any hope for substantial friendships and relationships, you have to learn to value yourself, all of you including your past life experiences, and surround yourself with people who will respect that.

Thats my honest opinion. You have the outside worked out, but now you need to work on the inside, how you view yourself, how you appreciate everything your body has been through and what you have been through, and respect that experience and yourself. This is really not important.

What Guys Said 3

• None issue for some guys (me), it's an issue for some.

My thought is "this girl rocks that she used to be fat and now 'hawt damn'. That takes some determination and willingness to get whatever help she needed to achieve her goal. If she can do that, there's little wondering if she'll try to work on the relationship when "life gets in the way / takes its toll."

I just think "we all have a past, and we learn from it."

• Great job! And no way it does not matter at all. :)

• No. Not at all and congrats!

What Girls Said 3

• Its who you used to be.

If they want to judge you because you were overweight, then you don't need those kinds of people in your life.

• Most people would admire you. Besides, everyone has their awkward pictures from when they were younger. I know a girl who had bad acne, frizzy hair, and wore oversized glasses in High School. She grew out of her awkward phase and looks beautiful. No one looks down on her now. and I used to be really fat, and most people congratulate me.

• Congrats on losing weight. I really don't think your past will influence things once you have a boyfriend/friend. I don't think they'll care. HOWEVER studies do show that people who have never been fat are found to be more attractive than people that used to be fat... I don't think you'll have a problem though.

I would send the article in a link but I don't remember where it was from...